Chapter 3

Last time

I walk out of my bedroom and cross the hall to Isla's. I look through the ajar door to see everyone in there.

"He said he'd come back." It's my mom.

Jack

Isla is crying. I can't stand it. I push the door open.

"Don't cry. I'm right here."

"Jacky!" She comes running to me. I pick her up and hug her tight.

"Hello Isla. You know, you don't even hug me this tightly when I've been away for a month and now it's not even been an hour."

"We thought you left us." She mumbles into my shoulder. I look up to my mom.

"You did?"

"Well," She answers,"You weren't picking up your phone and you seemed really upset when you left. You ran out with no reason so we didn't quite knew what to think." I set Isla down and hug her.

"I'm fine mom, I'm right here."

"And yet you have red, puffy eyes and tear streaks." I chuckle.

"Yeah, I talked to Zach so I'm fine now," Sydnie raises her eyebrows at me, "Oh shut up Syd." My mom looks back at her.

"What did she do?" She asks.

"Nothing, it's just a joke." I reassure her. She lets me go and asks if I'm sure I'm okay, which I answer with a simple yes. She gives me another hug and everyone thankfully goes their separate ways. I am about to open my door when Sydnie pulls me into her room.

"So... you're gay?" I don't answer,"Look, I don't have a problem with it and I'll love you the same but I need to know." I look her in her eyes and see that she really means it.

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes I'm gay." I whisper, not wanting anyone to hear me. She doesn't say anything. She just hugs me. It's nice, but of course she has to ruin it.

"You have to tell mom."

"I know, but for now, can you just shut up and hug me."