Tadashi Hamada (Big Hero 6)

"Anyway, you've never seen my lab."

"Oh, great! I get to see your nerd lab."

 [m/n] looked up from the pantry area when he heard voices coming through the door. Of course, he could recognize the first voice almost anywhere, anytime. That was the voice of the man who has been occupying his dreams for nearly months.

Maybe also his chest, but not that anyone needs to know about that.

There goes Tadashi Hamada, with his favorite black cap and, oh look, there is the little brother that he talks about a lot.

He pushes up his thin-framed glasses upwards his [e/c] eyes, while looking at them. He sees Tadashi introducing his brother, Hiro, to the others. Go Go gave him a stink eye, saying sarcastically, "Welcome to the nerd lab," before explaining a snippet on her need for speed.

On the other hand, Wasabi was more welcoming to him after nearly sending the boy in shock. [m/n] giggled when Go Go had taken something from Wasabi's neatly arranged table of tools. That resulted to Wasabi screaming of anarchy while following in a rush.

He is then reminded of his designated workplace and cringed internally. [m/n] could recall that his desk was a mess of piled papers, food wrappers, and flower petals.

I seriously need to clean that up, he thought, before adding in, after finishing my project, I guess. 

Well, the flowers weren't exactly gifts that he received as forms of congratulations or confessions, nor were those ones that he had grown as a hobby. Rather, [m/n] would haved wanted to start it as a side hobby, if it wasn't for the fact that there were roots growing inside of him already.

He is slightly thankful he got a room as a workplace rather than in the general area.

"Tadashi!" another voice, Honey Lemon's, sounded. He looks up again to see that the two has reached Honey Lemon's area. A part of him wants to cringe at the domesticity between the two. He stops, however, when his chest surges with the need to cough, but he had to hold it down.

Right, my coffee.

[m/n] looks down when the coffee machine has stopped brewing. He briefly hears Fred starting to talk to them and he sighs. Just when he finished pouring the coffee into his mug, he hears his name being called by Tadashi.

Plastering a smile on his face, he looks at them and waves. "Hiro, this is [m/n]," Tadashi said. "My best friend and partner in crime."

Another surge of need to cough- now, it seems like he wants to puke- comes across and [m/n] struggles to cover this by pulling down his mask and sipping on his new mug of coffee.

"No nicknames, then?" Hiro said, raising his hand to the taller male. While observing, Hiro notices the loose gray pants and red sweater. "I'm Hiro. I'm hoping you don't major in food or medicine?"

"No and no," [m/n] said. "I'm one of the lucky few to not have a nickname from Fred. I'm only in the pantry because I needed another dose of coffee and I don't have a coffee machine in my area. I'm actually majoring in Computer Engineering with a minor of Robotics."

"Oh, so you have some subjects with Tadashi?" Hiro said, amazed with the guy. His older brother flashed [m/n] a smile which, in turn, the [blond, brunet, redhead, etc.] flushed. 

"Yep," [m/n] continues. "My major wasn't something I really wanted because of, well, parents. You get the gist. By the way, I saw you fight, you know."

"Really? Which one?"

[m/n] nodded. "The one with the big guy, Yama. I was worried you'd get into trouble with him so I had to take precaution," he laughed.

Hiro nodded, until he realized, "You were the one who called Tadashi?" To which, the older male only grinned.

"[m/n] here has been helping me with what I've been working on," Tadashi decided to interrupt the two. His younger brother raises an eyebrow at him, about to ask a question. "I'll show you. Hiro, go ahead and wait for me outside, I need to talk with [m/n] for a bit."

Hiro nodded, and heads out himself, while the older two lagged behind. [m/n] waited for Tadashi to start with what he needs, and when he does, he isn't surprised. "Are you still sick?" Tadashi asked, pulling on the mask settled on [m/n]'s chin. "You've been looking worse since last week."

"I guess I have a weak immune system?" [m/n] replied jokingly. Tadashi sighed.

Please don't get my hopes up by worrying about me. It hurts worse.

"Are you well enough to come with me and let me brag about my project to my brother?"

"Sure, why not?" [m/n] said.

Why not?

How about that suffocating feeling that you've had since you guys met?

Or how about the fact that you could already taste the flowers literally itching to come out of your lungs?

"Let me get something from my area first. I'll catch up with you."

He proceeds to his area, which is the room across Tadashi's. After locking the door, [m/n] pushes the mug into his desk and heaves.

The sound he makes while coughing is painful enough to hear that even [m/n] wants to tune it out.

White and pink petals leave his mouth as he coughs and heaves into his floor. When [m/n] notices the copper taste in his mouth, he panics. He barely makes it into his bathroom before spewing out blood-stained petals and flowers with thorns.

"What..." he manages to whisper before heaving again into the toilet. This time, only a few more petals come out and some more blood. He spits out the copper taste when his strength suddenly leaves him lying on the cold tiles of his bathroom.

In a few seconds, he stands up with trembling knees, hoping that Baymax won't notice anything wrong with him.

A few weeks have passed since then. Hiro has finally decided to enter the showcase to be able to enter the university, with the help of Tadashi and his friends. [m/n] helps along while progressively getting worse with his condition.

So why not do the surgery?

The question passes through his train of thought every time he coughs the flowers.

And each time, [m/n] always had the answer.

During the showcase, while Hiro awed the audience with his work, Tadashi kept an arm around [m/n]. He stole worried glances at the other as he had seen that the [blond, brunet, redhead, etc.] had gone paler and breathing harder than he should.

When their eyes finally met, [m/n] knew that the only reason he doesn't proceed with the surgery is because he wants to believe that Tadashi returns the same feelings for him, but is bound by the need to become the family that his brother needs.

He's just hoping that it won't be too late.

 [A/N] I live for Hanahaki AUs but this is just an absolute mess (in my opinion), forgive me.

[for ShapeShifter8745 (Wattpad)]