Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail)

I tried to remember what my life was like before I found out I had a soulmate.

I couldn't.

I was young. I mean, who would blame a child for suddenly having a mark on his skin? Not just any mark. It had to be the mark of Fairy Tail.

In a world where almost everything is real, there would be no surprise if soulmates are real. Dragons might have existed. Evil mages are definitely not just legends. So why can't soulmates be real?

Humans aren't just born already knowing who their soulmate is. They have to spend maybe their whole lives trying to find them, with only marks on their skins as clue.

Ah, the marks. A soulmate's marks always appears on the other half's body, and vice versa. But they only appear like birthmarks on the other person.

My name is [m/n] [l/n], and this is what got me in a dilemma.

Maybe I was still a kid- I know I was still a kid that time.

I had come home to see a new mark on my chest. It looked almost like a birthmark, but I knew that I was never born with any of those at all. As if it was hiding barely beneath the thin layer of my skin, there it was, the not really first mark that my soulmate has given me.

It was a guild mark.

From Fairy Tail.

Who would believe it, right? A person like me, being soulmates with a Fairy Tail mage? Not that it's wrong or whatever, but I haven't even met the person.

So I remember brushing it off as temporary.

Years later, however, the mark has not disappeared.

Not one bit.

.

"You good to go?" I asked the man in the boat.

"Yep! Thanks for helping me out. Are you sure you don't want to come along?" he asked.

"I'm pretty sure. I've got someone to find."

"Yeah, well, that person'll be easy to find. That guild causes a lot of trouble around town if you must know."

"Thanks for the heads up."

I wave farewell to the man, and turn to look at Fiore. I brushed my [h/c] out of my face and managed to keep it back. So this is Fiore, I thought. This is where my soulmate is residing.

Now to find Fairy Tail.

"Excuse me?" I asked a group of young ladies. One of them nearly swooned on the spot, while the others started whispering to each other and fanning themselves with their hands. "I need your help."

"Hey, cutie, how can we help you?" one of them asked, fluttering her lashes for effect.

I ignored it. "Well, I'm looking for a guild-"

Then the ladies screamed, shouting one guild name after another, asking me to join them. I stood by quietly and waited for them to settle down. Maybe the wrong people to ask?

"So you're a mage?" the same lady asked.

"Fire mage, to be exact. And uh, I'm looking for Fairy Tail?"

They shut their mouths for some reason. Until one of them spoke finally, "Go that way, turn a corner, and you'll find the guild. It's hard to miss."

I nod. "Thank you."

I left the girls as they 'mourned their loss', whatever that's supposed to mean. Following their directions, I somehow arrived at the infamous Fairy Tail.