I smiled. "Sounds great."

In-N-Out was about a 15 minute drive.  It was quiet the whole time. What was I to say? What was he to say? What were we even going to talk about? Thoughts we swimming in my head of what he could possibly want to talk about. What if he wanted a relationship? I'm not ready for that. I can't-

"Isaiah?" Joey said. I looked at him, then looked around realizing we were in the drive thru. "What do you want?"

I thought for a moment. "What are you having?"

"A double-double, animal fries, and a strawberry milkshake."

That sounded really good. "I'll have what you're having."

When we got our food, Joey decided to park in the parking lot. "I think this is a good spot, don't you think?"

I smiled at him. "Yeah, this is good."

We ate our food in silence, either because it was too good or because we still didn't know what to say. After we were finished, we put the trash in the bag we got our food in and sat for a couple of more seconds in silence.

I couldn't take it any longer. "Joey...what did you exactly want to talk about?"

Joey sat still for a second. Then he turned around to face me. "Isaiah, this whole...thing we've been going through for the past month...is it real?"

I looked at him confusingly. "What do you mean real?"

"Are your feelings that you say you have for me, are they real? I mean, I've been pushing you and nagging you on how you might be confused. I just don't want you feel forced." The look on his face looked genuine. He looked guilty almost.

"Joey, I'm serious about what I feel." I said truthfully. "I have feelings for you."

A smile started to form on Joey's face as he looked down at his lap. Then he looked back at me, a full smile on his face. God I love his smile. "For how long?"

I looked at him. I haven't told anyone this yet. "Since this summer." That felt weird to say.

"Really?" Joey looked at me surprised.+

"Yeah."

Silence came over the car again. "I never thought of you as being..." he stopped before he could finish his sentence.

"Gay?" I said in a low voice.

"Well, yeah. You I would've never thought. I just thought you'd be another straight guy I'd have a crush on." He paused and smiled. Then he looked at me. "I guess that's not the case, huh?"

I smiled faintly at him. "No...it's not."

"How did you know you had feelings for me since this summer?" Joey asked me.

I sighed. "I don't know, it just came over me. I mean, we knew each other since we were in elementary school and I never looked at you the way I do now. You or any other guy for that matter. Then this summer, I saw you with your shirt off and it caught me off guard." I laughed at the thought. I couldn't believe I was telling him. "You have a really nice body, by the way." I blushed as soon as the words left my mouth.

Joey laughed. "You really think so?" He pretended to flex. Too bad the hoodie he was wearing was hiding  his muscles.

"I don't know, it was just your personality that got me Joey. You're a nice person, you know? You're always smiling and you're helpful...you're you. And I guess with all of that put together, I started becoming attracted to you."

Joey was taking in what I was saying. "I've liked you since I first met you Isaiah."

That caught my attention. "Really?"