Chapter Twenty Two

I stepped out of the shower, walking into the steam that enveloped my bathroom. I grabbed the towel off the rack and started to dry myself off slowly. 

I'm going on my real first date tonight, I thought to myself. Fuck the "dates" that I had with Corinne. They never made me feel like this before.  I was nervous for a number of reasons: what if we got caught? What if I do something embarrassing and he decides I'm an idiot and calls the whole thing off?

I shook my head and continued to dry myself off as I walked into my room. I went to my iPod player and simply pressed the play button.

You're my thrill, you do something to me the velvety voice started to sing. I instantly smiled upon recognizing the voice singing. My mind wandered back to when I first heard the song, when Joey first sang it to me. I couldn't help but smile. The boy really did love me before any of this started to happen.

I walked to my closet, humming along to the song. I picked out a blue dress shirt and a black cardigan to go over it. As I was finishing up getting dressed, my phone vibrated. I walked over to my bed looking at my phone. My smile grew more wide.

"Almost ready? :)" the text read. I quickly responded with a yes and ran to bathroom and gave myself a once over in the mirror. I took in a deep breath and held it for ten seconds, then let it out. "Don't fuck this up." I warned myself.

The doorbell rang. I let out another sigh, grabbed my phone walked down the stairs in what seemed like the slowest pace known to man. I reached the door and opened it.

Standing before me was the most beautiful human being. He must've saw my reaction because he was looking down at his own outfit. "Is it too much?" he asked, sounding a little worried. He was wearing another suit, this time it was a classic black suit. 

I looked at my own outfit and chuckled. "I'm afraid I'm the one under dressed."

"You look perfect." He assured me smiling. He took my hand, bringing me outside the door and stole a kiss on my lips. "You ready to go?" he asked me.

"Yeah, ready to hit the road." I told him. He lead me to his car, with my hand still in his, and opened the passenger door for me.

When I got situated and he got into the drivers seat, he turned to me. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how nervous are you about going out in public as a couple."

Going in public as a couple did a few laps around my head until it finally hit me that I was nervous. "You want an honest answer?"  I asked as I shifted in the car seat.

"I'd prefer the truth, yes."

I sighed. "I am nervous, Joey. I never been in this situation before, you know?"

"We don't have to go if you're not comfortable, Isaiah." Joey reassured me.

I looked at him and simply shook my head. "No, I'm not going to let my fears ruin a good night." I took his hand in mine and squeezed it tightly. "I'll need to get over them sooner or later. I want to do it sooner." I leaned and placed a kiss on his lips and looked him.

He smiled and started the car. "I'm glad." was all he said as we drove off of our street.

***

The car ride to the mysterious location wasn't too bad at all although we did hit traffic in a couple of places. I held Joey's hand the whole car ride, stroking his muscular hand back and forth with my thumb. We made small talked, but mostly just rode along, enjoying the silence that was wrapped around us.

We reached the restaurant around 730pm. 

"The Fleur de Lys?!" I exclaimed, looking at Joey. "How did you...?"