Chapter Twenty

OMG GUYS THE NEIGHBOR IS FINALLY OUT OF RE-EDITING MODE AND IS BACK ON TRACK AND HAS 300 VOTES!

So now you'll be able to be updated officially when new chapters are up and I can ask YOU what you want to happen in the storyline! Not only is this my story, but this is everyone's story and a lot of people are invested in what happens with Joey and Isaiah. But yeah, thank you so much guys, I really appreciate you for loving this story and keeping me motivated to keep writing(:

This chapter is also dedicated to @BigDaddyBamBam because he has amazing stories that you guys will love! Please check them out!(:

******************************************************************************************

I never went back to Joey for another lesson for a month, and it was killing me, both emotionally and grade-wise. I was struggling to maintain a C+ in Spanish since I was put in Spanish II honors and I stopped our lessons.

But during all of January, I couldn't stop thinking about him. To be honest, he was on my mind everyday. I needed him. I wanted him.

Yet I kept holding myself back.

Jasmine pretty much gave up on trying to convince me on giving Joey a cahnce. I couldn't blame her, honestly. Not only was I being difficult with Joey, I was being difficult with her. I was starting to get sick of it myself too. The things was, it wasn't a "my mind say, but my heart says" situation. Both my mind and my heart knew what I wanted and what was good for me. It was just me holding me back.

January went by slowly. As if ignoring Joey wasn't hard enough, Spanish was becoming a pain in my ass. From homework, to tests, to oral quizzes, it was getting harder each day and it was becoming frustrating. My other classes were no help either. I don't know what it is with teachers giving you twice as much homework during second semester. With Joey being on my mind all day, it distracted me from doing my other homework. It was affecting my grades a little bit. Luckily, my parents were still arguing almost every day over small things to even notice.

February eventually came around and it didn't take long for people to start talking about Valentine's Day. Or as me and Jasmine called it, Single Awareness Day.

"You know, I've been looking at Axel a lot lately. I didn't realize how cute he was." Jasmine said to me one day during lunch.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Is that code for 'Isaiah, I need you to hook me up with Axel'?"

"You know it is." Jasmine laughed. "Do you think he's cute?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "He's alright, I guess. He's nice to look at, I mean, but we're just friends." It was at the point of our friendship to where I can talk about other guys to Jasmine without feeling weird.

"You wouldn't want to do anything with him?" she asked, bumping her elbow into me.

I laughed and pushed her away from me. "Shut up. No I wouldn't. Just friends, that's it."

"So what are you going to do for Valentine's Day then?" Jasmine asked me.

"What I do every year, nothing." I said simply.

Jasmine cleared her throat.

I already knew what she was trying to imply. "No, Jasmine."

The bell rang for lunch to be over. Jasmine sighed. She put her hand on my shoulder. "All I'm saying is, that you have a chance to be with someone. Don't even complain about being alone on Valentine's Day if you decided not to do anything, you hear? I'll hit you." she chuckled as she got up to go to her next class. "I'll see you later."