disco ball

( !first person, brendon! )

I think when everyone thinks about skating their wandering minds go right to the 70s,80s, or the 90s.
not that I disagree with that, but skating has lived on to the 2000s.
no one thinks about skating now.
now it's drugs, sex, and gossip.
not that none of those things aren't good to do once in a while. I like smoking weed as much as a 30 year old virgin, but I only do it when I'm anxious. I have control over myself, which I think is a pretty great trait to have.
in my opinion.
everyone has different preferences.
I don't know where I'm going with this now.
but the disco ball distracts me from my thoughts.
I don't know if it's the history behind it, or the way it shines onto the polished skating rink.
If I were to start a band I'd involve something from this skating rink.
maybe the disco ball.
This skating rink was one of my favorite things about Vegas, besides the really good hibachi place down the road and the guitar center 2 blocks away.
but without those two things, I would be a walking ball of anxiety.
honestly, Vegas makes me anxious.
you never know what lurks behind the obnoxiously loud casinos on the strip.
I've seen a lot of druggies lurking in the alleyway by my school too.
Vegas just gives me bad vibes.
Not that Vegas can help that though, but it would be greatly appreciated if the bright lights of Vegas could just swallow me whole.
Sometimes I just want to leave everything behind and just pretend that I'm not just another nobody with stupid dreams trying to escape their past.
But then, I remember that pretty boys like the ref with striking blue eyes gives me something to stay for.
I'm caught in the violent current of his bright ocean eyes and I just can't seem to get out.
He's caught me. hook, line and sinker