The Beginning

(Rin's POV)

"Why the hell do you have so many books? Did you even read them?" He asks as he grabs two books and stare at them confused.

I roll my eyes and continue with my task. Ignoring him, I extend my hand and he passes me another book. We keep doing this for about 10 more minutes and we finally finish. I turn around and look proudly at my room.

It's medium size, there's a big window and dark blue courtains. The bed is located near the left side wall and the desk in the right side wall. The closet is quite big comparing to the small amount of clothes I brought. I look over to the bookshelf and even though it's quite big, there's not enough room for all my books so I had no other choice but to improvise and stack them neatly on a pile.

"Yes! We've finally finished! I was beginning to lose hope. I thought this was never going to end!" he exclaims dramatically.

"Do I have to remind you, you were the one who wanted to help out?"

I turn around to meet my cousin, Kaminari Denki. In a way, we're both very similar. To start with, we have the same golden eyes, same smirk and similar facial expressions. But, I have medium length black hair and he has blond hair. He is 5,6" and I am 5,3".

"Um... Rin... What is this?"

"What's what?" I ask as I turn around and furrow my brow. He lifts in the air my Pikachu onisie. I shift glances all around the room avoiding having to look at him in the eye. "Oh... That... You see... I saw it in a store before I came here so... Yeah... I decided to buy it..." I scratch the back of my head nervously "Don'tkillmebutIboughttwo," I scream quickly.

"What? You bought two?!" He shouts back.

"I'm so sorry, I thought it would be funny if we had matching onisies and since they tie in with our quirks..." I shut my eyes close as I try to excuse myself.

My quirk is lightning, but it isn't the same as Denki's. I can surround myself with electricity, but it's not as powerful as his. I can also create thunderstorms and move as fast as lightning. If I'm concentrated enough, I can even vibrate my molecules so that I am able to pass through solids such as walls. The problem with this is that I relay on my physical and mental strength. If I run too much at lightning speed, I get tired and I have to eat a lot because I consume a lot of energy. That's the reason why I'm always wolfing down my food. If I want to create a powerful thunderstorms and if I want vibrate my molecules I have to be very concentrated.

"I don't care about that! Give me mine! I can't believe you did it! I love it!!!" He squeals as I give him his.

~

We exit the room I will be staying at for the next year if I'm able to get accepted in UA. Since my hometown is pretty far away from the school of my dreams, I have moved in with Denki and his parents. My parents will probably visit... They're always really busy doing hero work so they will only come in rare events. I'm already used to it; eating alone, waiting for them to come home only to fall asleep on the couch, crossing my fingers so they can come to school events only to be disappointed...

"If you ever want to sneak out, I would watch the sixth step, it creaks," he warns and laughs at what he just said. "What am I talking about? As if you would ever sneak out!" I roll my eyes but even though avoid the step.

He takes me to his favourite spots and at around noon, we go to the grocery store to buy some things for dinner. Afterwards, we head back home since it is getting late.

I wolf down my dinner and go quickly to bed since I was tired after the long journey.

The week passed quite quickly and it was time for the entrance exam. Neither Denki nor I slept that night because of the excitement we felt. We couldn't stop giggling and laughing at everything as if we were drunk. At the end, we caused a power cut and we had to fix it as fast as we could so that his parents wouldn't get mad at us.

A/N this is quite short but I will try and do the next chapters longer. I hope you like it!