IM 17

(UNedited)

~~~~~~

Curling his stomach into knots, Russ felt the bile rise to the smell of thick blood wafting through the air as more and more trees broke under the weight of the beast coming for them. He swore if they made it out of this mess he was going to stop roaming the lands like a hobbit, and find a nice place to settle down in. Maybe grow a garden, or herd sheep.

Oh who was he kidding, he wasn’t going to herd sheep…well at least not unless he was herding them into his mouth. As his mind wandered over the possibilities of how many different ways sheep could be cooked, Russ failed to see the methodical way Len was now positioning himself. When a loud bang was followed by sheer nothingness Russ blinked back the jumping sheep, his body had relaxed some in that thirty seconds. Only to pull taught once more with the sounds of nothing.

“Len?” He whispered, but the hulk man said nothing just stared into the pitch of night, waiting, watching. Barely making out the slight of Len’s hand, Russ chewed his cheek again. A habit he was seriously trying to break, but at the moment saw no reason to stop. But the beating of his heart seemed to increase, thrum just a bit more vivacious then it normally would. Strange to Russ since he’d never felt it match within his chest. Then it dawned on Russ, his heart beat was steady even with all the adrenaline pushing its way through him.

He gulped, shaking the once steady hand on his katana.

Flicking his wrist Len shot out dozens of large illuminating like glow sticks, each one brightening up some part of the forest around them. Russ was sure it was suppose to help them in their endeavor  to fight back, but all it really did was make him want to piss his already dirt covered pants. Eyes as furious as torches the beast stood far taller then Russ had anticipated. There was no time to attack. He had all he could do to hold feet firmly to the canopy floor when the over sizes tusks ripped through the air, their impact on Russ’s side caused his lungs to burst out the only remaining air.

A split second later Len’s war cry from hell rang into the darkness, and eerie mix of pain, sweat and ghastly proportions made Russ’s veins freeze. The blood sucking tree was his savior for the moment, even its cold hard bark seems to drain the very life force from his body as eyes begged to watch Len gracefully battle the beast.

Russ grunted the pain as he forced himself to temporarily push off the tree, causing its nasty bite to drain some blood from his bleeding palm. Damn thing was worse then a hoard of mosquitoes. Blade in blood covered palm Russ sucked in a breath of air, hoping to blow up his lungs once again. The intoxicating smell burned all the way down till it felt like a smoldering inferno of ghastly carnage. Russ shook his head, Len shouldn’t have to fight for them both.

His cry was both to signal his upraise and his power, even if his movements were slower then steady. That beast of burden snorted in displeasure to Russ’s return, only to make a squeal of shrill sounds echo about the forest. Both him and Len cringed to the ear piercing sound. With a swiftness Len moved his hand across the front of him, making what appeared to Russ as the lower branches of trees whip downward and stab into the tyrant of a creature. Not the best attack, Russ thought as another piercing scream rang out.

One more horrible scream from that beast and Russ swore his ear drums would burst.

~~~~~~~

Sitting in the carriage with a redhead woman whom he didn’t even care to look at, Dean huffed leaving his chin to rest on the palmed out hand. The scenery did little to soften his annoyed features, and even the sweet smell of her perfume didn’t arouse him in the least. Honestly he’d of kicked her out had it not been for his mothers softer touch when it came to being a gentleman. Then again she’d probably already of rolled over in her grave at the notice of him rejecting his own promise in life.

    “I shall find her, and treasure her till the end” He scoffed inwardly. How foolish a man to say something to a dying mother, only to break it the very second he lays eyes upon her. Such a fool he was. However Dean wanted to sulk he’d not been given the chance as the carriage came to a grinding halt with a. ‘Woah’ from his driver. Growling his frustration once more Dean shifted his weight looking out the window.

    “What is the problem now?” With a heavy set growl Dean waited as the driver looked around the carriage from. His over sized eyes clearly frightened of his Alpha.

    “There seems to be two bodies in the road, Alpha” He gulped, unsure of what to do as he blinked rapidly at Dean. Groaning effortlessly Dean pushed back into the seat before pushing open the door. Of all the rotten luck, why on this horrible road did two morons seem to pick a fight and best one another. Crunching the debris under his black leather boots, Dean moved around to the front to catch a better look.

Blood was so think it clogged his nostrils before even getting an eyes glance at the two bodies. Sucking in a breath Dean stared at the two for what seemed like a life time. The green fellow was grasping a blade, as if his life depended on it while his companion lay face down in a small puddle of blood.

Knowing far to well that he couldn’t leave bodies of this caliber on the Head Masters property, Dean growled out the order to place the men on the top of the carriage. Where he would drop them off to the Head masters men for the rest of their spell. Three men rushed past Dean in order to fulfill his order when the large of them two groaned pushing off on ripped up palms. All movement from Dean’s mean seized.

    “Alpha?” Someone whispered, his tone clearly in confusion as to how to proceed. Dean raised his hand.

    “Help him up, and see to his companion” Nods were given as his men rushed to aid the large bulk of a man to his slightly shaking feet. Standing at his full height Dean looked the blood covered man over, his eyes lingering on the mans before the light of a breeze took his scent and presented it to Dean. His eyes widened briefly before their dark irises hid his emotion. This man smelled of his other half.

The half he’d been in search for since he stupidly turned her away. If it came down to it Dean would torture this man for the whereabouts of his female, he’d do just about anything to know where she was. Killing for the smallest piece of information was not so far fetched in Dean’s mind.

Standing taller Dean sucked in a deeper breath, his mind ran over the smells pick out hers to the males. The difference in power between Dean and this man was so far apart he’d almost wondered if fear might be the right emotion to have been placed. For this man wielded magic like no other, and if Dean was correct he’d only be allowing a little to leak out for him to pick up on. He’d need to be delicate with this man, for if things didn’t go as planned Dean would not have an easy time besting this man in a fight.

Best to wait till the Head master knew about this, he’d surely help with getting the man to speak of the woman’s whereabouts. Being the Head Master was fond of helping those who had found their other halves he’d see to it Dean had his.