IM 5

Supernatural or magical creatures didn’t like normal human pets, they thought of them more as food then pets. Ember took her steps slowly as all eyes seemed to be on her, swallowing her fear she thought about her training with Len. She prayed she wouldn’t need it today, or for the rest of her life for that matter. Looking for anyone who might be of some service Ember frowned when no one seemed to be the friendlier type, rounding another corner she’d been looking some place else when she smacked face first into a hard chest.

Rubbing her tender nose Ember followed the heavy black fur boots to baggy blue jeans, they went to a blood red wrap that held a few small pouches and a long sword. Taking a step back to keep flowing up the broad chest that displayed a olive green skin color, black markings covered his arms while he smoked on a pipe. Thin shaggy black hair hung over long pointed ears which seemed to be pierced with a long gold tassel, deep green eyes stared back at her in questioning.

Arms wrapped in the same black cloth as his vest made it look like he purposely cut the sleeves off, a white under shirt had seen clear days along with the tattered hood that hooked to the vest. His black nails wrapped around the pipe while the others went for the hilt of the sword, taking another step back Ember gulped.

    “Sorry” She whispered causing his eyes to widen, the green pulsating wildly. The features of him reminded Ember of an ogre yet part fairy, she suspected he was also a mix breed. A small meow at his feet caused Ember to look down, the black tabby was rubbing her body emergently against his crossed legs. His heavy words snapped her back to his face.

        “What are you doing here half breed?” Frowning Ember wasn’t sure what pissed her off more, the fact that he was just has mixed as her or the fact that he was being ignorant about it. Her mouth seemed to flap on its own accorded.
        “Says the Half breed” Folding her arms, which drew his eyes to her breasts. For Ember that was normal even though she wasn’t very tall her chest seemed to think otherwise, had she bought a bra in town like Len had asked her to do she’d of been a very large C cup.

The flick of his wrist on the swords sheath made it pop out of the showing the shiny silver of his blade, Ember gulped this was a sign of warning. She’d read a book about swordsmen sometimes the metal of the sword would stick, so in order for faster draws the swordsman would pop the finger guard releasing the pressure that was made to keep moisture out. It was a common threat just like gunslingers would toss their dusters showing off their shiny six shooters, Ember didn’t doubt for a minute this man creature would fight her.

    It was like she didn’t know how to contain herself, and once again her gums started flapping.

        “Ohh! shiny” Rolling the words off her tongue, looking at her whimsically he half smirked.
        “Are you stupid or something?” Taking a puff of his pipe, Ember cocked her head to the side.
        “No” Shaking. Her arms still crossed seemed to be a bit of a distraction for him, rolling her eyes Ember snapped one of her fingers in his face.
        “Yo I’m up here” Pointing to her face, his smirk grew.
        “Are you sure? I could always check for you” Ember snorted un-amused.
        “Well I see arrogance forgot to stop when it met you” He laughed out making Ember worried she’d now done something right, his laugh was stimulating for a creature that looked ready to drink your blood.

    “Alright little lady, your alright” His finger tapped the sword back down, and somewhere in Ember’s body her cells were parting.

    “Yea got a name darlin?” flashing her a pearl white smile, which seemed to make him even more dangerous.
    “That depends, do I get to know yours as well?” Unlike Astral Ember wasn’t just going to give her name out to another half breed, specially one with fairy blood. Swiping his hand over his vest, the man stuck it out to her.
    “Names Russ” Ember chuckled, making his thin brows rise.
    “Russ? Really?” Russ frowned, giving her a warning look. Raising her hands in defeat she shook his hand,
    “Ember” Making sure to put a little bite in her shake, she’d not have him thinking she was some kind of weakling.

Tapping the pipe against a crocked beam Russ pushed it into a pouch on his hip, slipping his hands into back pockets.
    “Well Ember, what you doing here?”
    “I’m looking for someone” She’d not tell him everything. Nodding at her Russ headed down a small strip, Ember followed for some strange reason.
    “Where yea headed?”
    “To the red Saplings” Russ’s walking halted again making her crash fast first into him, growling at his suddenness she saw his eyes locked to hers.
    “What in damn nation you going there for?” He almost seemed worried, Ember frowned…did she answer this question already.
    “I told you why” Huffing Ember walked around him, her nose had picked up on something mouthwatering and she was sick of dried foods.

Ember ordered a large plate of whatever was cooking, handing the creature that looked like a troll her money. Russ was behind her getting a plate as well, then seemed to follower her to a back booth.

    “Care to explain why your…headed there?” He refused to speak the name, which gave Ember a little worry.
    “Cause I’m looking for someone”
    “Yea I gathered that, who? And why are they so important you’d risk your life to enter that hell fire?” Ember rolled her eyes taking a bite of the meat, her breasts seemed to cause Russ more difficultly as they pushed up against the tabled edge.
    “You want me to get you a pair of your own?” She quipped frowning at his obvious staring, Russ looked up at her smiling like he’d done nothing wrong.
    “Much rather have yours” Giving her a wink. Snorting at his so called flirt, Ember cringed when Crickets claw pushed sharply against her.

Pushing her hand between the breasts restraints Ember fumbled to move Cricket around, giving her tender flesh some less painful claw marks. Russ watched in amusement, slowly chewing the piece of bread he had. Finally she’d managed to move the fuzzy little bugger out of the way returning to her meal, ready to take a bite Ember looked at Russ.

        “What?” Taking a bite.
        “Need some help? I’d be happy to assist you” Wiggling his brows Ember twisted her lips, the man just didn’t know when to quit. Sitting up Ember thought about what she could say back, but that didn’t quiet happen.

        “Aw! Ember not that I’m complaining or anything, but why is your breasts moving?” Ember looked down to see Cricket readjusting himself. Instead of explaining Ember found it in herself to toy with the half breed, as he’d been so obvious to flirt with her.

        “Oh, well the last man to cop a feel lost his hand, I decided to keep it as a pet” Just as she finished Cricket pushed hard against her wrap, making the fabric bounce outwards which in turn made Russ’s face pale…a lighter shade of green. Cricket wiggled a little more making his long tail flip out, Russ pushed against the table eyeing her suspiciously. Laughing light heartily Ember covered her mouth, this was getting better by the second.

“What kind of man has fur?” Russ snapped looking cross, Ember couldn’t help it she laughed harder.
        “Wow who would of thought you were so gullible.” Ember teased pointing her folk at him, Russ frowned still unable to look away from the tail dripping out of her cleavage.
        “Seriously Ember I’ve known you for like ten minutes, and already you’ve managed to freak me out…twice” Holding up two fingers for Ember to see, smirking she took another bite of her food.
        “Why Russ, I do believe your blushing” She hadn’t a clue if he was, but it was well worth that guess. At her words the man darted his eyes anywhere but her, it proved she’d been right. Cricket pulled his tail back in making Russ frown, smirking at him Ember finished off her plate as a have set of foot beats headed their way.

        “What have we here?” His deep voice boomed over the low talking customers, Ember lifted her chin to peer at him. Night black skin sparkled under the low lights, bumps on his arms suggested raised tattoos. Putting him under microscope Ember didn’t like what she saw, he was big for one thing but not nearly in a way that made woman swoon. His shaved head held only a rats tail braided in thick black hair, beady little eyes fastened to her body like super glue. Lips pulled tightly over hard lines that didn’t become him, clothing looking like something that should of well been burned with the dawn of time.

Ember didn’t know what kind of mix blood he was, but it sure didn’t complement each other. Turning away from him in hopes he get the loud and clear message, Ember took a sip of her water. Taking a look at Russ she noticed his eyes were darkening as they glared at the man, was Russ threatened buy this newcomer.

“Lets have a look shall we?” He chuckled reaching for Ember’s breasts, thick fingers tried to slip down between the two before Cricket bite him…hard. Growling out Cricket poked his head out hissing at him with enough vigor to complement any warrior, Ember caught the half dazed look of Russ before she turned her attention to the matter at hand…literally.

        “I suggest you keep you hands to yourself, I don’t much like being touched. Do well to remember that” She hissed coping Crickets distaste.
        “Why you little wench” His hand came up in a striking motion, but the impacted never happed. Holding his arm firmly Russ growled looking like some kind of new age weapon, those black markings on his body had vanished while eyes were pitch.
        “Don’t touch her….ever” With that he pushed the larger man backwards, standing in front of Ember’s way out. Looking up at Russ Ember found it a little peculiar the man was trying to protect her when just a little while ago she thought he was going to kill her.

Something in the man changed and he grumbled walking away, pushing out of the booth Ember touched Russ’s shoulder making him jump. Slowly she saw the markings coming back, his eyes also seemed to return to their natural green color.
        “Russ?” Turning her head as he dipped it out of Ember’s sight, smiling she cupped his face.
        “Hey, its cool. Thank you” He nodded looking worse for wear.
        “Is there a place I can spend the night, I don’t think traveling anymore today is a good idea” She asked which Russ nodded again, taking her hand in his he walked them out.
        “Sorry about that, not sure….” He paused taking a deep breath.

“Hey no worries, I’ve never had anyone stand up for me before” Her words sent his head spinning, looking surprised Ember laughed.
        “Really? Like never?” Ember shook her head, it was fairly common for Ember to take care of her own problems. Len had never wanted to intervene unless his magic was needed, he wanted her to learn to defend herself…incase he wasn’t ever around.
        “What about….a boyfriend” Russ looked away before finishing his full sentence, bumping his shoulder she laughed at his discomfort.
        “Never had one”
        “What? Your fucking with me right?” He glared at her, but more in a half playful manor.
        “Nope never” Lacing her fingers behind her head Ember kept walking when he’d stopped, muttering something to himself he ran to catch up to her.