IM 13

“I’m Russ” Putting a name to his face, though he didn’t think Len cared for such things.
    “Aye…where be Ember?” Direct and to the point…somewhat like Ember.
    “She went into the Red Saplings” The name caused Len to tense, so he knew of the place as well. No surprise. It wasn’t a very nice place, and the locals loved telling even worse stories about what dwelled in there besides the crazy blood sucking trees.

Shivering off the dangers Russ stared into the flames, their reds and oranges burst forth creating a little white flare.

~~~~~~~~

Sounds of clicking nails passed her door continuously, groaning Ember kicked the covers off her warm body. Who ever it was had been clicking outside for a while now and she’d just about had enough of it, that bed of hers was screaming her name and Ember was really wanting to please it. Clothes had been given to her seeing as how her Father was adamant about her dressing differently. Apparently the ways she was dressed wasn’t right- Ember shrugged it off.

Swinging her door open a startled Daniel, his eyes widened before the knot in his throat bobbed. Ember blinked at him waiting for Daniel to say something, other then giving her a fishy mouth. He didn’t seem like himself today, and it was concerning Ember greatly.

    “Daniel?” Tilting her head in a puppy fashion, he gulp again giving her a weak smile.

    “Ms. Ember….could…could we talk?” She watched as his face reddened a little, a puzzling thing it was as she nodding allowing him into her room.

Daniel took a chair in the far corner, his fingers intertwined while fidgeting. One brow raised as Ember plopped on her bed to watch the funny little act, Daniel was her favorite out of the wolves. He had spent hours trying to teach her what was around her new home, along with tending to her every need. Silence deafened the room giving Daniel sometime to gather his thoughts, finally his sigh broke the translucent waves and he looked up.

    “Ember….do…do you know what….a guardian is?” He cringed a little, watching for the back lash. Ember cocked her head to the side blinking at him, what was he talking about. She shook her head in response, puzzled to the whole motive he was getting at. Daniel’s eyes widened a bit before he continued.

    “Luna’s and Alpha kin get Guardians Ember” He paused watching her, but Ember still wasn’t sure where he was going with this. She new what a Luna was, and she’d figured out that her father was an Alpha but….she wasn’t a pure blood.

    “I don’t understand Daniel” A soft spoken tone had him giving her a reassuring smile, he always made her feel like she wasn’t as stupid as she thought.

    “That’s alright Ember, I can explain it to you. Its not a common thing to hear about.” A winning smile was her prize making her doubts float away. One nod and he began.

    “The Alpha is a very busy man, so guardian’s were entrusted to protect the Luna and Kin to the Alpha, they become the best friend to the Luna and Kin” Ember took note that he was intently watching her, something about that triggered her brain into over drive.

    “Daniel?” Ember shot off the bed like her butt was on fire, which consequently had happened once when Len forgot to shut the stove door. He tensed as she became closer, Ember kept her stare on him as she took a few steps forward. Pushing off Daniel swallowed making Ember’s blood run cold, she shook her head taking a step back from him.

    “No!….Not in a million moons….” Daniels throat caught as he whimpered, nodding slowly she swore his ears dropped some.

    “I understand Ember…I…” His head turned away from her. She couldn’t take it, this was crazy to think that jerk was going to be her guardian. It explained everything, why he was so mean to everyone around her. Ember snapped.

    “I will not let that jerk of a male guard anything of mine, he’s rude and cruel…I can’t stand him.” Daniels head snapped back to her, eyes wider then dinner plates.

    “Wh…what?” Ember snarled threw clenched teeth shaking when she felt her power ripping across her skin, she’d sooner eat Len’s cooking then have that putrid wolf guard her.

    “That male….the one who about bit you. I don’t care for him.” Daniel’s eyes seemed to brighten, but Ember never got a chance to ask why when he burst into a fit of laughs.

    “Ember he’s not your Guardian…I…I am” Silence filled the vast room, Ember sucked in a breath threw her nose watching Daniel for all intensive purposes. He studied her reactions, but there wasn’t much to see as she gave him little to no time to catch her. A high pitched squeal of joy overcame him, hand gripped Daniels shoulders as Ember wrapped her arms around him.

    “That’s so cool” She yelled hugging him like some over stuffed panda bear, Daniel blinked- still in the mind set that she was going to turn him down. Holding her to his chest Daniel sucked in a breath when the deep red tattoo’s swirled around her skin, they looked painful yet she never cried. A pad to a finger slide over one of the larger, to his shock it felt soft and no different from her lightly tanned skin.

    “Ember…your skin?” She shot away from him, putting a good five feet of space between. Her eyes widened in such a way he felt the overwhelming need to comforter her, holding fast to his footing Daniel waited for her to relax some. There was no doubt in his mind that Ember was powerful.

    “You saw?” But a whisper. Daniel nodded, watching her reaction as it staid guarded. Ember rubbed her arm pushing toes into the plush carpet, feeling like puppy in the mall window she bit down on a lip. Maybe her markings did show up for other emotions, other then anger.

    “There are quiet a lot of them….do they..hurt?” Daniel tilted his head allowing his eyes to scan over Embers bare flesh, she shook her head pausing her movements else where.

    “No, their just there.” She shrugged half heartily, bringing Daniel to a smile.

    “There pretty cool, but why are they fading now?” A finger pointed to her shoulder, but Ember didn’t bother looking.
    “They fade when my emotions are not as high, normally they are only visible to another when I am angry.”

    “Wow really?…huh that’s pretty amazing Ember” Her eyes flickered to his taking in the breathtaking smile Daniel was rewarding her with, Ember smiled back.

    “So you’re my Guardian?” His smile only grew.
    “If you’ll have me, I’d be honored Ember” Again she squealed jumping into his arms.
    “Of course” Daniel let out a sigh of both relief and joy.

v.v I'm sorry its so late, and a little short. Was having a hard time with this part....please vote. Trying to meet a certain number. ^.^ Thanks