IM 10

A low squeak muffled from her chest causing the large wolf to stand, head lifting up over her he angled his head to look down her shirt. From out of no where was a nasty growl sending both their heads looking towards the man, Ember looked from the man to wolf before giggling.

        “Its alright, its just Cricket” At his name the little fuzzy head popped out making the large wolf jump backward like a cat who’d popped a balloon, Ember laughed harder at his frightened wolf face. Crickets ears swiveled around twitching now and again, a shove of her hand had Ember looking at the smaller wolf who’d sat down waiting for her.

        “Hummm” The man purred before cutting through the flowers like a knife, nodding to the smaller wolf to stand he picked Ember up setting her atop the dark brown male. Weaving fingers through his long fur Ember tried not to pull on it, his head looked over yipping before walking off. The speed was exhilarating making Ember laugh out, once she was comfortable with the way he moved the male picked up his pace.

Running along side them was the rest of the pack, all in dark shades surrounding close to her. That man was running at their side without so much as a huff, nodding his head to her Ember grinned. Something about this place gave her a new feeling on life, it was unexplainable and yet so close to home. Leaning lower against this coat Ember urged him to go faster, lurching forward away from the pack his paws pounded against the flowers shaking them.

Each time a new wolf would try to catch up his feet would somehow gain speed, blowing right past any gaining pack member. Flowers turned into a sea of blurring color, Cricket squeaked as the rush of air slapped him in the face. Laughing uncontrollable Ember howled for the fun of it, sending each and every wolf coping her.

Sliding off his slick coat Ember looked over the vast mansion, crystal clear windows sparkled off the rising morning suns rays. Cascading square rocks stacked on one another building the exterior higher to the clouds, more wolves walked from the open double doorway looking her over curiously. Pressing his large hand to her lower back the man ushered her inside followed by the hoard of beasts, inside was just as stunning with a blown glass chandelier dangling tiny shimmering stones.

Blood red tapestries draped over the stone walls giving the whole place a castle like feel, runners leading down different hallways were surrounded by hoards of doors. Walking with him Ember looked around her eyes eating the sights as they slowly made their way to a large steel door, her brows rose to the man in question. He nodded once opening the door walking in with her, Cricket blinked at the brighter light streaming in from the three large windows.

He took his seat at the grand desk motioning for her to come within the front of it, Ember did as she was asked in a silent manor. This man was obviously the master or at least that’s what he gave off, his werewolves respected and feared his wrath. Both hands rose lowering his hood to the back of his neck, Ember’s lip began to tremble at the sight of him.

Hard lines of tuff exterior held onto sharp black eyes and long lashes, thin lips with a hint of color were taught. Light stubble caused a shadow to creep over his jaw and chin, darker hair gripped his head in waves of pleasure.

        “Do I frighten you?” That voice so hard and jagged, but to Ember it sounded so warm and pleasant. Throat clogged with the sense that she’d found her home, Ember shook her head tossing hair all over the place.

        “Do you know who I am?” Again she shook her head, she wouldn’t assume he was who she thought he was.
        “I think we should find out, don’t you agree?” Watching ebony eyes Ember nodded, she was really hoping this wasn’t a mistake. Seconds later the door opened revealing a tall lanky man in a dark blue suit, spiky blond hair sprayed over her deep brown eyes. Pale skin almost seemed to shine with each ray of light he passed through, watching him grow closer Ember took a step closer to the mans desk.

        “Its alright, Nick tone down the dramatics” His dark voice blew a strand of power at the tall man who was now known to Ember as Nick, a slight smirk appeared over Nick’s face making Ember gulp. He wasn’t human that was for sure, but the sea of brown swirled turning a almost maroon.

        “Nick is a Vampire, he’s going to see who you are.” Ember reared around looking at the dark man, was he serious, he was keeping a Vampire on wolf territory. She could of worn Len said that those two species hated each other, so why was one hear. Was he keeping Nick as a pet of sorts?

        “Wh…what is he going to do?” A cold hand touched her wrist making Ember jump, Nick had somehow moved right next to her without even making the wind move.
        “I will not hurt yea” Like glass his voice smoothed over her, gulping Ember nodded as his hand pulled her wrist to his pulp lips. White fangs pushed over those pink lines, she watched as two sharp pokes broke the darker of Ember’s skin trickling a little blood out. Winching he looked up sending her a slight apologetic look, giving him a nod Ember waited till he was finished. Licking his marks Ember watched them slither close allowing her hand to drop back to her side, it felt like a block of wood was tied to her fingers.

Moving with such grace Nick made his way over to the dark man, sticking his arm out for Nick he watched Ember as Nick’s fangs broke skin. Stepping away Nick eyes shifted from a blood moon red to the deepest darkest blue Ember had ever seen, looking at Nick the dark man waited for something. Brown eyes slowly became Nick as he turned to her, giving her a wide smile he then turned to the man.

        “Well?” He asked seeming a little annoyed.
        “Its her” Nick replied his voice laced with pride and something Ember couldn’t understand, he looked almost thrilled. Black orbs spun to stair at her, fidgeting Ember looked between the two feeling somewhat out of the loop.
        “What is your name child?”  Frowning Ember glared at the term, she was not a child and she’d not ever been called one by Len.
        “I’m not a child, and my name is Ember” Giving her a half smirk he stood walking around Nick coming to her front, grabbing her locket Ember swallowed at his closeness. Eyes ran along her jaw to the small of her hand that tightened around the small object, raising his brow the man reached slightly touching her knuckles. Sparks of fire blew all over loosening her hold, slipping from her grasp the locket spun around the chain causing his eyes to soften.

        “Where did you get this?” Cupping the locket like a feather, Ember followed his gaze and gave a weak smile.
        “It was my mothers, Len retrieved it for me” Flicking his thumb over the small clasp it popped open showing the two little pictures, she watched as he padded over the female picture Ember new to be her mother. Len had tried his hardest to give her a better image to go off of since the one in the locket was starting to fade, she’d tried not to open it to much preventing it from weather wear.

        “She was beautiful” He whispered slowly closing the charm, he turned to her eyes slightly watered.
        “Who are you?” She finally asked feeling the need to get that out there, Ember prayed he’d not rip her throat from her body.

        “I am Master Terrance, and your father” His figure towered over hers, but that wasn’t what frightened her. He’d said the one thing Ember had been hoping he’d say, long since she was old enough to know what parents were Ember had hoped to find him. She loved Len and always would but he wasn’t completing the link she was missing, the way Terrance touched her gave off a safe feeling that not even Ember could explain.

When she didn’t speak he kept going, trying to encourage her to say something.

        “Ember?” Saying her name rippled off her back, Terrance padded her cheek with his thumb giving her a sweet smile. Suddenly her hurt and anger came in a flood of emotions, Ember had wondered why he’d never bothered to look for her. Cared to seek her mother out, anything for that matter.

        “Where have you been?” Hot liquid pumped out trickling over her lightly tan cheeks, her skin prickled with the searing markings. Taking a light step back Terrance eyed her wide, watching as Ember flung power around like a twister set loose.

    “Ember?”
        “Where have you been, why did you not look for me?” More tears shot out, practically blinding her view of him.
        “Ember…I didn’t know.” Pleading eyes lowered causing her heart to break, she’d not even known this man more then a few minutes an already she could feel his pain. Terrance’s eyes wandered to her bare arms covered in glowing red tattoo’s, gulping with an out reached hand Ember watched him carefully. No one but Len had touched her skin when it was set a fire like now, but his touch was gentle caressing the outline of one very large jagged marking.

“Their beautiful.” Her whole world came crashing to a halt, never before had a man expressed her markings as beautiful. They were different or exotic to most, making eyes weary of her every move. Slowly she calmed herself making the markings glowing penetration fade, Nick’s eyes had shifted to a deep red as he watched on.

        “She has Fae in her” He spoke with clouded words that Ember didn’t understand, however Terrance seemed to know what he meant.
        “There is nothing wrong with my daughter, watch your tongue. Or I’ll remove it….again” Hissing over his shoulder, Nick bowed his head giving a slight apology to Ember.
        “Its fine, I’m use to it.” Terrance reared back on her, eyes full of furry and sadness.
        “Who has degraded my child?” Fists balled at his side turned knuckles white, giving him a smile Ember picked up his hand.
        “Its alright.” Tingles of feelings slowly flooded to her brain, picking up his thoughts to her was- different.

“You will not be treated in such a manor, you’re my daughter and you will be respected.” Glazed eyes watched her as Ember couldn’t contain her happiness, throwing herself into his arms Terrance embraced her tightly kissing Embers cheek.
        “I’ve missed you” Muffling words into his neck,
        “Ohh my child, as have I…as have I.”