Chapter 32

Quote:
"It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's who's gathered around it."

You know that feeling that you get when you wake up on christmas day.

The house is filled with an aroma of cookies and you can feel the temperature dropping because of how cold it is outside.

Well that's exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Some people enjoy Christmas because of the gifts, the snow or maybe even the Christmas movies.

But I love Christmas for another reason. Th feeling that you feel when you're surrounded by all your loved ones. Everyone's there celebrating the occasion with you and you wouldn't change a thing. That's what I love about Christmas.

The fact that you have an all you can eat buffet is a bonus.

I look out the window to see that the entire street was filled with abundance of snow. It hadn't stopped showing since the day we all went to the mall together.

The snow meant snowball fight and snowmans, which was exactly what I had been doing the past week. Everyone had been too busy buying Christmas gifts but I had done all my shopping online.

"Yo gruffalo! Wake up." Jake slams a pillow on my head.

"Jake! What did I tell you about HITTING ME WITH PILLOWS?" I scream the last part.

"Not to do it?" He asks.

"Exactly." I grit the word through my perfectly whitened teeth. "Now get out." I throw the pillow back at him.

Swiftly, I brush my teeth, wash my face and put on my fluffy slippers before jogging down the stairs.

Normally, every year aunt Carol and grandma used to travel to our house on Christmas day.

However as I enter the living room, I realise that they weren't here.

"Where's Granny and aunt Carol?" I ask genuinely being upset.

"Unfortunately, because of the weather they weren't able to make it." My mum replys.

"Stupid snow." I mutter under my breath.

Weren't you the one that prayed for snow?

I tell my subconcious to shut up before grabbing a gingerbread man and stuffing it in my mouth.

"Which is why this year we will be celebrating Christmas with our neighbours." Frank says.

"Mr and Mrs Johnson. I swear they're jewish." I ask.

"No. We will be celebrating with Joanna and Zach." My mother smiles enthusiastically.

"So, Mr and Mrs Johnson aren't jewish because I wouldn't mind spending Christmas with them...." I rant until Frank cuts in.

"If your mother says we're celebrating with them then we are. End of discussion." Frank says.

"But.." I whine.

"Nah." He says.

"What if..".

"Eh.".