[Author's Note]

Hey, my wonderful readers!

Unfortunately, we have reached the end of the book. It doesn't have a happy ending, but not everything does in life.
Sometimes we just gotta get through the bad times the best we can because the fate is too strong for us to trick it and twist it to our will.

I dearly enjoyed writing this, it was honestly such an amazing experience, I'll never forget it.
There was a lot of crying, not going to lie - and firstly I planned to give this a happy ending but then I thought...

No. No way.

If you didn't notice by now, this book was inspired by my favourite anime Your Lie in April, the most beautiful story and the most beautiful music. I just had to do something similar, but of course not the same.

Some of you asked what Alfred was suffering from anyway, and even with lots of research, I can never be completely sure because I am absolutely terrible at science. But, I'll give it a shot with Friedreich's ataxia, the same illness that Kaori Miyazono from Your Lie in April was suffering from.
It usually hits those 8 - 15, but I clearly explain that Alfred's case was different, well, unexplainable to the doctors themselves. It's creative writing freedom, what can I say?

You can only twist your fate through a story.

Anyway, I do not want to prolong this, so have my annual list of music I listened to while writing.

Tristan Barton:
Interlude

Colin McAllister:
Sunday

Fractured Light Music:
There's Still Hope

Narrow Skies:
You Won't Find Me

Sleeping at Last:
Atlas (every single EP)

Whitesand:
Story of the Wind

Lucas King:
Sad Piano (all lengthy compliations)

Paul Elhart:
Commitment to Your Heart

Groundfold:
Masquerade

Mumford & Sons:
Literally every single of their songs from the Wilder Mind and Babel albums

Paganini:
La Campanella

Beethoven:
Violin Sonata no. 9

Basically a bunch of classical pieces which I forgot the names to. I'll write it once I find it.

Anyway, thank you to the incredible support on this story, it means the world to me, I cannot properly thank you!

~Clara <3