Chapter 33-Edited

Start from the beginning

I move my eyes away from them and look around the rest of the camp. There's nothing really special about it, but it's hidden well. I wouldn't have known it was here if I wasn't looking. I try to sniff the area to see if I can make out any familiar smells, but I can't smell anything other than the disgusting smell coming from the rogues. My nose scrunches up, but I force myself to ignore the smell. I need to focus on what's happening so I can see if these people are working with Zack.

The door to the cabin opens and closes and I watch as a man and a woman walk outside. I can't see their faces, but Kaydon start's to get restless. My eyebrows raise and I start to watch the two of them more carefully.

The guy throws the woman onto the ground, and Brian and I let out growls. No woman should be treated like that. I know my pack has had rumors spread about how we mistreat women, but none of those things are remotely true. Women, especially if they're your mate, should be treated with respect. The woman stands up while wiping her hands on her old, worn looking jeans. She turns slightly and I feel my stomach flip. That's weird, that only happens when I see one person. I squint to try and get a better look at the woman. She turns even more while flipping some of her hair over her shoulder.

I squint even more, which doesn't actually help me, before gasping. My heart clenches painfully and I almost fall to my knees and weep.

Elizabeth! We've found them!

The urge to walk over to her and wrap her up in my arms is overwhelming. My body feels paralyzed and I couldn't move from my spot even if I wanted to. Brian lets out a sigh of relief.

"We found them!" He whispers to me. My eyes stayed locked to my gorgeous mate's face and I feel my heart soar. We finally found her. I'll be able to be with her soon. I already start to feel complete again. That gaping hole in my heart slowly closes and is replaced with relief.

More people pour out of the house, and I'm curious as to how many people can fit in there. It doesn't matter though. Brian and I have handled situations more dangerous than this, I'm sure we could go in there and take Elizabeth out. The last person that exits the house has my blood boiling.

"Zeke." Kaydon growls. A small smile forms on my lips before it disappears. I see where he's heading, and I start glaring at him, even though he can't see him.

I watch as he walks up to her with a confident smirk on his face before talking to her in what looks like a condescending tone. Elizabeth's eyes narrow slightly at whatever he said to her and I strain my ears to try and hear what they're saying. I frown slightly when I realize that they're a little too far away for me to hear them, so all I can make out is the sound of their muffled voices.

My eyes narrow when I see Zack put his hand on Elizabeth's wrist. She flinches slightly before glaring at him. Zack continues to talk with his arrogant smirk, but Elizabeth keeps shaking her head and trying to free her wrist. His smirk falters slightly before he grabs her shoulder harshly while shaking her. A deep growl rumbles in my chest as I start seeing red.

No one touches my mate like that.

I'm about to step forward when an arm stops me. I look at Brian and see that he's watching them intently. He shakes his head slightly and gives me a pointed look. I'm snapped back to reality. If I go out there, I would blow our cover. I know that Brian is about as mad as I am by what's happening, but at least he can still think clearly. All I see is red, and it doesn't help that Kaydon is trying to claw free to teach Zack a lesson.

Brian's back is stiff and one of his fist is clenched while the other is holding onto my shoulder. His eyes are burning fiercely and he lets out a low growl.