The Truth Revealed

The next morning, Viggo and Ann woke up feeling so much closer than before. He pulled her closer, loving her more than ever before. "Viggo, I'm sorry for my behavior towards you. I shouldn't have been so light headed." She started.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have pushed you, especially after that fight with Darren. Jake explained a lot to us, but told me that there was something you had to tell me, he couldn't. It was something about being chief." "What did he tell you?" They spoke.

"He told me what kind of awful things Darren has done to you and believe me, I will keep him away from you if he tries it again. What is that one thing about the chief thing?" He asked. Ann sighed for a moment before she started telling him.

"Yes, I am the next chief for Muzona. I have been chosen by the island. My dad wanted to teach me everything I had to know, but all I did was not pay attention to what he had to say and if he didn't look at me for a moment, I slipped out of the house and I went to the woods to practice my arching. I never wanted to become chief." She said.

"Why not? Baby, there are so many things I see in you as a chief! I believe you can be a great chief." He said to encourage her. "But what if we both are chiefs then? I don't want to leave you because of that." "You don't have to. Wherever you go, I go. If you are ever stepping into your duty as chief, I will lay down mine!" He said to comfort her. "You really want to do that for me?" "Of course! There is no way I want to lose you as well. I love you dearly, Ann. There's no way I will ever let you go again." They spoke.

Ann smiled and hugged him tight. "But why don't you want to be chief?" He asked again. "I wanted to choose my own life, not doing what has been chosen for me. I always wanted to see more of the world, but receiving the Creature of the Woods ruined my life plans. But now, I'm so glad that I met you." Viggo smiled and let her rest her head on his chest again.

Some minutes later, they got out of bed and prepared for the day. "Where are you going, handsome?" Ann joked around. They laughed as Viggo grabbed her playfully and swung her around in a pirouette. "You say that I'm handsome, but you are just gorgeous and cute." "I'm not cute!" She shouted and was grumpy for a moment while Viggo laughed a bit.

"Will you come with me to the Markets again?" "You really have to ask me?" Ann smiled and they left to go to the Markets. "What do we need?" She asked him. "Just some new weapons and some to be repaired. Maybe there is something nice for you as well!" "I already have my weapons, remember?" They laughed. "I didn't mention that. You misunderstood me, sweetie. You'll see." He said and she grinned.

They got on the ship and left. Once at the Markets, Viggo quickly got off the ship and walked towards the iron macon, taking Ann with him. Ann didn't feel quite save around the place. Viggo noticed her being a little nervous. "Are you alright?" He asked her. "I just don't feel quite comfortable around this place. It's like all those men have never seen a woman around here. I feel their greedy eyes all pointed at me."

Viggo looked around and noticed the same thing. Many men were looking at her with eyes that did not say much good. "I see what you mean." He cleared his throat and offered her his arm. With a smile, she took his offer and they walked on towards the iron macon. Ann knew that he would protect her at all costs. "Ah, mister Grimborn! My best costumer! How can I help you today?" The man behind the stand asked Viggo.

"Good day to you too, good sir. There has been a shipment of broken and damaged weapons deliverd a few weeks ago. Are those repaired and ready to take them with me again?" Viggo asked very politely. "Ah, yes! The weapons you have brought have been repaired indeed and they are good as new!" The man grabbed all the weapons and put them all on the table between himself and Viggo. In the meantime, Ann saw another stand that sells leather. "I'll be right over there!" She quickly said to Viggo. "Of course!" He said to her enthusiastically on a low volume.