10: Tyler

Ethan

I'm not ok...

"Ethan, what's wrong?" Tyler asks.

"It w-was just a-a dream, I-I'm f-f-fine..." I say.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Tyler asks.

"N-not r-really..." I say. Tyler nods.

I wasn't ready to mention the rape again. I wasn't ready to mention my father being murdered again. I didn't want to mention any of this again.

If anyone wanted to know what happened to my father, I'd say he died of a heart attack. But he didn't. He was murdered, by the same guy who raped me the year after. He knew I went to LA. He followed me. He stalked me until one day he took me with him and raped me. Why...

My phone goes off.

Unknown: go kill yourself, or else I'll do it for you

I wipe my tears and sigh.

Tyler

I was worried about Ethan. Should I text Mark, maybe he knows about what's happening.

I look next to me to see Ethan had finally fallen asleep after 5 minutes of crying.

I pull out my phone to text Mark.

"Me: Mark, can I ask you something?"

"Mark: is it about Ethan?"

"Me: yeah it is"

"Mark: what is it?"

"Me: well Ethan broke down this morning, he said it was about a dream, do you know what the dream could've been about, he didn't tell me?"

"Mark: yesterday he also had a dream, it was about something that happened to him, I'm guessing the dream was a flashback."

"Me: ok"

"Mark: do you want me to talk to him about it when he gets to back to my place"

"Me: yeah, I'm just worried about him."

"Mark: ok, I will"

"Me: Mark?"

"Mark: what?"

"Me: do you know what caused Ethan to try to commit suicide?"

"Mark: he never really told me, he told me a couple of things that happened to him, but he never really told me the reason."

"Me: ok"

"Mark: well I got to go"

"Me: ok bye"

I look at Ethan who is still sleeping. What could've happened to him?