Click [Maki x Popular!Famous!Reader]

A/N: I know I've been neglecting one-shot requests lately orz

So, here's one! ;w;

This was requested by Calista240205 . Hope you'll like it!

~~~

Otonokizaka Academy is extremely well-known for its successful school idol group μ's, but what most don't know about the school was that there was another musical talent lurking in its school grounds. 

She was quiet and reserved, and was always humble about her talent, but boy was she blessed by the musical gods and goddesses and was practically given a bunch of musical talent in her high school girl figure, and for that, she was popular.

(F/N) (L/N) was her name, but most, if not all, students in Otonokizaka Academy knew her as her nickname, (N/N). She knew how to play piano, play the guitar, and even a bit of the violin, and her voice was just angelic. Her only setback was that she was too shy to showcase just even a tiny bit of her extraordinary talent.

"Don't you think it's a shame?" Maki asked her as she played a warm-up piano piece in the school's music room.

You hummed as you took a look at her the music sheet that was neatly placed on the piano, "A shame? What do you mean?" you replied before humming along to the music.

"Your talent, I mean. You should have joined μ's when Honoka was scouting for members." The redhead glanced your way, wanting to see your reaction. She initially thought you would look bitter or even with a face plastered with regret, but instead, you were smiling at her. Noticing this, she quickly directed her gaze to the music sheet. In actuality, Maki didn't need to look at a reference as she had already mastered the warm-up piece, but she just wanted to have an excuse to look away.

You giggled for a bit, "Oh, come on, Nishikino, you know I'd look weird if I got into that whole school idol business. I just can't imagine myself doing all those things." You paused before continuing, "Well, sure, I can compose songs and can write a few lyrics down, but the whole package of being a school idol isn't just that. I'm sure you would know that more than anyone else."

She shook her head, "Weird? You wouldn't look weird at all."

You laughed heartily, "I'm not as pretty as you, Nishikino."

You expected a reply, but you were only met with silence.

"Ah, Nishikino?" You started. "Don't tell me you actually think I'm pretty?"

The girl playing the piano stopped momentarily, her mind currently in a ditz. She could feel her palms sweating and her heart beating more quickly than usual.

Now, in the past few days, our favorite piano player had been in a dilemma.

Her eyes had been glued to you most of the time, her thoughts had mostly been about you, and her mind always seems to go back to you.

As someone who comes from a family of doctors, she had first thought she should get checked on by a psychologist. However, she decided to consult her fellow school idol members, and surprise, surprise, her apparent diagnosis is: "lovesickness".

You felt a bit disappointed but mostly concerned about your friend's actions. "Um, Nishikino, you don't have to answer that, I was joking..."

Maki finally snapped out of her thought train and replied, "O-Oh, umm..." you giggled at her, causing her to blush a light red. "Anyway! I still do think your talent needs to be acknowledged by the masses!"

You laughed at her being a flustered mess, "Alrighty then, what do you have in store for me, boss?"

She crossed her arms, huffing and lightly glaring at you, "Well..." she mumbled. "Posting videos online has recently become a popular form of entertainment..."