~Your Voice~ [Kanan x Deaf!Reader]

A/N: This is another request from Hunter01a hope you'll like this one too!

I was initially planning to go through all the requests one at a time, in the order of who requested first, but I'm currently having difficulty writing the plots for those other requests. Don't worry, I'll get to them soon enough.

~~~

Your schoolbag in hand, you entered the classroom and slowly made your way to the front of the class, facing your new classmates.

You sighed, you still weren't used to this yet.

A few moments of your classmates chattering with each other went by before your teacher tapped your shoulder and gestured to the blackboard.

'Ah, he must be telling me to introduce myself.' you thought to yourself.

After grabbing a piece of chalk that was near the blackboard, you wrote your name.

'(L/N) (Y/N)'

The room turned silent the moment the chalk made contact with the blackboard. Everyone was confused. Normally, the teacher would be the one to write the student's name, at least.

You continued writing.

'I'm deaf, but I hope we can get along with each other and be friends. It's nice to meet all of you! ^_^'

You smiled to yourself, thinking that that emoticon you wrote at the end was a nice touch. Turning on your heel, you faced your classmates once more, but this time no one was talking to each other, they were only looking at you and the words you had written on the blackboard.

Confused, you bowed, signalling that you were done with your self-introduction.

Not one of your classmates knew what to say. After all, this was their first time having a classmate that couldn't hear.

Your teacher tapped your shoulder again. Facing her, she told you in sign language that you should, "sit between the girl with the blue ponytail and the girl with the blonde hair". You smiled at your teacher and nodded, appreciating the fact that she took her time learning sign language.

Your classmates still staring at you, you walked to your new seat and sat down.

Since that was done, you decided to just blankly stare at the blackboard until the teacher would write some stuff on the blackboard so you can take down some notes and whatnot.

Actually, you weren't deaf since birth. You had a terrible accident only recently, a year or two years ago, and that was the cause of your deafness. Unfortunately, your family isn't the best financially, so you don't get to have a hearing aid. Although, your parents promised you that you'll get one someday.

To this day, you still think it was such a shame to get deaf, considering that the one thing you loved was to sing. Now, you don't even know if you can still sing in the right tone and pitch. Since you've gone a full year or two without talking, you're slowly beginning to forget that too.

You sighed, if only that accident didn't happen, then maybe you would be talking to one of your seatmates right now.

Speaking of your seatmates, you turned your head to look at the one to your left. It was the blue haired girl who had tied her hair into a ponytail. She was focusing on the blackboard, probably listening to the teacher. You thought she looked really pretty, especially her violet eyes, it looked like they were shining.

You looked to your right, and this time you saw a blonde girl. She didn't look Japanese at all, and her unique blonde hair was enough to tell that. She had one of her locks of hair in a loop beside her head. You thought that it would look silly on anyone else, but the blonde pulled it off flawlessly, she looks really pretty in it. However, unlike the serious blue haired girl you just took a look at, she wasn't paying attention to the teacher at all, she was doodling and playing with her school supplies.