~Found~ [Riko x Reader]

A/N: Riko got the most votes from Aqours, so I thought I should write another one-shot for her.

//Also, to make up for not writing anything on November lmao

(Soulmate AU)

~~~

"It's that time of the year again!" you could hear your classmates yell in delight.

"That's right, that's right, I hope I finally get what I want this year too..." another one followed.

"Hey, you guys think it'll finally be my year?" a third one laughed.

You knew exactly what they were talking about, and it isn't just Christmas. You see, there's a yearly tradition in which people have a higher chance of meeting their soulmate during Christmas time.

It differs for every person. Most people are born with a tattoo on a part of their body, and others have a timer on their wrist.

But as for you. You were born with neither of those. You don't have a tattoo or a timer. Because of that, you are often teased about how you'll one day end up as a lonesome grandma.

You sighed, "I hope it's finally my year too..."

Numazu City has a population of almost 200,000 people, so why, you always wonder, haven't you met your soulmate yet in your 16 years of living? You're already a second year student, for pete's sake, and your other friends have already found their soulmates.

"Maybe my soulmate just isn't in the main city where I live? Maybe they're in another village..." you grabbed a sheet of paper from your bag and began listing down the villages of Numazu. "Ashitaka, Oohira, Nishiura, Hara Town, Heda, or Uchiura..." you put your pen down, sighing. "...they're in one of those. Or maybe in another place all together. Who knows? Darn, I hope I'll get a sign tomorrow or something."

"(F/N)-san!" one of your friends called out. "Wanna go home together?"

You quickly kept the paper you wrote on and smiled at her, "Ah, yeah, sure!"

"Well, tomorrow is another day..." you thought.

~~~

Hearing the sound of birds chirping and feeling the warmth of the sun, you sat down on your bed, stretched out your arms and let go of a much needed yawn. Your teachers had given your class so much homework than you had less than 4 hours of total sleep.

Still in your pajamas, you rubbed your eyes in hopes of making your sleepiness disappear, which didn't appear to be working, unfortunately.

You felt an odd feeling on your arm, so you checked on it to see if there was something wrong.

"What... Is this?" you mumbled, still feeling groggy.

There were writings on your left arm. There, it was written: After class - Ask Chika-san for the lyrics

"I didn't write this..." you continued as you analyzed the writing on your arm. "My handwriting isn't this clean, and I don't think I know anyone by the name of Chika... Huh, weird. Did I get drunk last night because of all the homework?" you lightly laughed at your own joke because of how stupid it sounded to you. "Of course not."

You stood up and went downstairs of your apartment and head for the sink to wash off the mysterious writing, but no matter how hard you cleaned and scrubbed your arm, the writing wouldn't go away.

"Strange..." you muttered. "It won't come off."

"...Darn, I hope I'll get a sign tomorrow or something."