Chapter 18: Safe?

Okay finally back to the horse;)

Chapter 18:

<Summer Storm>

Recap:

There was a small house like thing in the distance but was very small. It had a moon ingrained into the wood. It was dark wood that had been painted with a light color. I drank the water nice and slow. It was not too cold, but almost room temperature. It was very nice. The sun was setting and it made me think of the last morning I had spent with my herd, with Nala. She was the only mother figure I could have had. I missed her, but I had to worry about the present. I picked a corner to lie down in where I would be most protected. I checked my leg and it was just a small scratch. I swatted the flies with my tail. I later stood up and drifted to a light slumber. I was gonna be ok, I would keep going tomarrow.

************************************

" Do you think we could bring her home? She looks awfully skinny for a wild horse." I heard a small chirpy voice say as I startled awake. My eyes widened in fear. People. Humans. I backed away from the small blond girl and the large blond man. They both looked at me and cooed small talk to me. They whispered words I didn't understand. I wasn't falling for it this time. I spun on my hawks and ran threw the bushes. The small branches pulled past my skin scratching it slightly. I threw my head up, my dark grey hair flinging to the left, and let out a trill whinny, it echoed through the woods. I was going to stay free, I had to, It was the inly option. I stumbled upon a small spring and happily drank up the soft and cool water. The soft green grass outlined the small spring hole. It was lush and not worn down showing it wasn't used often. My body ached and I walked into the spring up to my cannon bone and just relaxed with my head down, my ears alert. I was Hungry and walked slowly to the blades or newly dewed grass to munch on. It was sweet, but my body wasn't getting its full from it. I needed oats, or some type of wheat. I walked and my muscles ached and my hoofs screamed with pain. It was splitting...I think. I needed mud on them to mend the pain. I stumbled slightly and lay down again. I needed help, I was starving and hurt. I knew this but was way to stubborn to seek the help of a human. They were dangerous and evil, I had concluded. With that I dozed off lightly. The wind rustled the trees and the wild animals around me hummed, going about there business, it was like a lullaby. It lolled me into a deeper sleep and I plummeted into darkness. Was this the end?

I didn't think so.

A while later I heard horses clopping down toward me. Horses? I raised my eyes to them, I couldn't get up, though I still tried. The horses rounded the corner. My heart dropped, there was a young girl with tan skin and black hair riding a buckskin Mare and a young man riding a white gelding. They both had bright eye's the girl gasp when she laid eyes on me. I felt the urge to run and struggled to get up. The other horses nickered a greeting to me. The girl flung herself of her horse and ran toward me. I heaved myself up on my shaky legs. She was carrying a haulter and began to sing to me softly. I relaxed a second then tried to flee but was to weak, I could barely stand. My legs throbbed and my stomach howled. My eyes fluttered over to the boy on a small square object talking into it. The girl put the rope halter on me and I tryed to object but was too weak to even flinch. I hated it. I was so defenseless. I barred my teeth at the young girl but she only flinched and pushed my head away. We walked slowly and the boy was following holding the spunky buckskin mare at the side of his proud white gelding. " Go and get the medical supplies ready, and a stall, put whoever out to the pasture.... Did you call the vet yet?" She shuffled me along. I flung my head in protest. She huffed. The guy mumbled and took off. Both horses he was holding tried to play but he wouldn't allow it. I then realized that this girl was hopefully going to help me. She had soft eyes and continued to sing a soft melody. I wanted to trust her but not quite yet. Maybe the whole world of humans wasn't absolutely crazy? There had to be some good? Those other horses seemed healthy and transiting around the humans. Then something screamed in the back of my head.

Those horses were tame.

We walked for sometime, I shuttered when she touched me and flinched when she pulled my head to left to lead me. I was to tired to fight. My legs were throbbing, my eyes watered, my body itself felt like mush. Like the day they raced me. Those evil men.

The pine tree's swayed in the soft breeze. The girls long dark hair fluttered, her worried green eyes checked me over. The specks of red flashed in them. You can trust her.

A small voice told me but my instincts said Run. My hoofs sunk into soft mud as we neared a stable. It was a a pale green, with white outlining the outer supports. She turned away from the barn and toward a two white poles with cross ties. I stopped. No way was I going to be put on those. The cement square underneath was clean and wet. Horse manure flooded with water sat on the side in a bucket. White powder was sprinkled over it. What? The girl tugged me forward. " Come on, I'm trying to help you, I need to wash you off." A truck zoomed down the drive but slowed as it came to the barn. I huffed threw my head and went along. Only this once. Only until they fix me.

I figured out italics from my phone! Yaaayy! 😁✌

Vote Comment plleeaassee. Did you like?

~Oriah