Sarah Jane

She's not like Bloody Mary, but she is popular like her. Well, for us folk in Southeast Texas. Well, you guys have heard the tale? She had a baby that got killed or taken, she hung herself from a rope or someone shot her. 

I heard of one story that there was a war going on and Sarah was strolling her baby down the street when the soldiers came, she pushed her baby out of the way and ran for cover under a log, the baby fell into a nearby creek and drowned. 

I believe where she died was either Nederland or Port Neches but I'm not sure. All I know is that I've been down that road before, two times to be exact. Now you might not believe me but I used to go to church with a girl named Bethenny, she was the assistant pastor's niece. 

Her great uncle and what she called her Opa (Great Aunt) owned Sarah Jane Road. Sarah Jane was in fact real, her name actually Sarah Block. After her father, W.O Block I believe his name was. So Bethenny was related to Sarah Jane, the REAL Sarah Jane. 

The first time I went down the road was at night, after Wednesday night Church. My mom said she would drive me and my brother down through there to get home. I was so apprehensive, waiting for a lady to pop out or someone bang on my car window. 

Luckily, nothing scary ever happens to me. (Well not like that anyway) The Second time was just last week (June 29) My grandma and I went to get groceries and she took me through their. When she was a kid, she lived a few miles away and always road her bike down there to see one of her friends that lived on the street. 

But never at night. 

I don't blame her. I wouldn't either. But those are my experiences and real ones. So enough of my babbling. Here just for you Urban Legend Freaks... 

SARAH JANE 

"You're pushing it" Jacey snapped, looking over at Ciara, her twin sister. "C'mon it will be fun! We'll get Trevor and the boys to come. Maybe I can get Frank too also!" She smirked. Jacey blushed and looked away quickly. 

Frank was the popular guy at their school and believe it or not, he was friends with Ciara. They were both popular, both out going and crazy but Jacey just wasn't. She was your average nerdy girl, so obsessed with her books and making top grades, she never cared for a social life. 

She had only two friends, Bobbie and her textbooks. Well I guess you could count that as one. "I knew you liked him" Ciara teased, rubbing Jacey's hair. She smacked her hand away and silently grumbled. "Do not." 

That was a complete lie and Jacey knew it. She had a crush on him since they wer in sixth grade, when he moved to Kimberland high school. He was instantly popular, and a god to the cheerleaders. 

He wasn't star of the football team or any sport for that matter. Jacey could never really see how he got popular in the first place. Maybe it was because he was cousins with the quarterback and had so many connections, or because he was good looking. 

Jacey decided to go with the first one, even though both could be very true. She was snapped out of her thoughts when Ciara poked her cheek. "C'mon you like him and you know it! He will protect you when we walk down there." 

Jacey gasped. "We have to walk? I thought we were taking mom's car, just in case something bad happens." She rolled her eyes like Jacey was just a little child who wouldn't understand. "She's look for her baby Jacey. She won't come out if we go down their with a fucking car!" 

"So how are we gonna get her? We don't have a fudging baby!" Ciara got up and waltzed over to the closet and pulled out a stroller and a baby doll. "With these!" She squealed, positive that her plan would work. 

Jacey sighed, wishing she had never asked. "You know. I don't feel so good about this." Ciara patted her shoulder. "We will be fine. Mom and dad left us here all alone it was either that or have a party and I am not cleaning the mess." 

"I would rather have a party" Jacey mumbled as Ciara pulled her up. "Get dressed, I told the guys to meet us here in ten minutes." Ciara left the room and Jacey pulled out her zebra stripped skininies and a Paramore t-shirt. She lipped on her blue and black vans and combed her pink and white hair into a pony tail. 

The doorbell rang and she heard the voices of the populars as they filed into the front entry hall. "Let's get a move on!" Ciara bellowed from downstairs. Jacey sighed and pulled the baby doll and the stroller down the steps. 

"There's my girl" Ciara cooed as Jacey shoved the baby doll into her face. "Harsh sis" she faked sadness as everyone started walking out the front door. Jacey clung to Ciara. "I don't feel right" she whispered as they started walking down the street. "I mean what if she come and kills us?" 

Ciara chuckled. "She won't kill us. Stop clinging to me and start hugging Frank. I hear he likes you too." She the managed to push her sister off and into the side of Frank. He instantly wrapped an arm around her. "No worries Jace, I got your back." 

Jacey silently praised teh heavens that it was dark outside and Frank couldn't see the dark crimson forming on her cheeks. The wind picked up and she shivered, Frank pulled her closer as they xrossed the small street and started walking towards Sarah Jane Road. 

Ciara turned to Jacey and winked before setting the stroller down. Jacey stopped in her tracks, halting Frank. "Hey it'll be fine" he whispered in her ear soothingly. "I'll keep you safe." She almost melted under his words and nodded her head. "Okay" 

They resumed walking, everyone at least  three feet ahead of them. The wind picked up as the group huddled close together, Ciara up front with the baby stroller. The road was a very long, straight path. 

The further they went in, the more trees and less houses seemed to appear. "Okay, we're almost to the point" Ciara whispered silently. There was a rustling through the trees and everyone stopped. "Did you hear that?" Johnny, one of Trevor's friends spoke up. 

"Yeah" Trevor replied. 

"It was probably nothing." Ciara said, starting to walk again. Everyone continued on until they heard a twig snap. "Okay I'm pretty sure we heard that this time." Jacey spoke up, the cold nipping at her face. 

Ciara glared. "Shut up Jacey. Let's go!" They kept walking, fear racing through each and every one of their bodies. "My baby" A soft cry went out in the distance. "Okay we all heard that!" Herald, the popular boy whispered nervously. 

Ciara laughed. "I heard nothing." She continued to walk forward, no one else following. She turned and growled. "Well?" They all looked around fearfully, afraid to go any further. "My baby. My baby!" the voice became louder. 

Ciara ran over to Trevor, who hugged her close. "Where is my baby!?" the voice screamed out desperately. "L-Let's g-go" Jacey stumbled over her words. "I'm down with that!" Johnny replied as they started running down the other way out of the street. 

"My baby my baby where is my baby!?" the voice still called out as they retreated to the next street. When they were sure the voice was gone, they started walking at a normal pace, towards Ciara and Jacey's house. 

They all watched movies and hung out until midnight. Frank and Jacey ended up exchanging numbers and had plans to go eat lunch the next day. That night while Jacey slept in her room, Ciara was downstairs, making coffee. 

For some reason it soothed her after something that terrified her happened. She sipped slowly, enjoying the caffeine filled drink sliding down her throat when she heard footsteps behind her. Thinking it was her sister, she shrugged it off. 

The noise stopped and she could feel someone staring at her. She didn't want to turn around, knowing it wasn't Jacey. "There's my baby" the voice whispered. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it sounds kinda suckish but hey, I tried :)