Chapter Thirty-Three

The large glass doors are in front of me and my feet stay planted in the ground, making me unable to move. I eye Rachel in my peripheral vision, as she locks the car and just walks in as if she owns the store. I gulp and follow in suit, my brain telling me this won't end well. I grab the door handle and swing it open, and my eyes widen. The store was huge, and filled with an array of dresses, in all sorts of colors and sizes. I probably look like I fish out of water, my mouth opening and closing repeatedly. Rachel rolls her eyes at me playfully before grabbing my wrist and sitting me down in a random chair.

"We want something that's says 'wow' and has all the boys head turning."

"Or, I just don't go, and if you force me to go, find a plain dress that doesn't make me stand out." I say confidently with a smile on my face. My requests fall to a deaf ear as she continues to look.

"What size are you?"

"Um, I don't know. I don't own any dresses." Rachel lets the fabric of the dress she was looking at slip from her grasp as she slowly turns to me with wide eyes.

"You don't own any dresses? Not even one?" I shake my head, what's wrong with not owning a dress?

"A skirt?" I shake my head once again and she rushes over to me, setting he read on my forehead.

"Your not warm, are you sick?" I laugh and away her hand away as I stand up and pretend to look at dresses. I just want tog eat out of here.

"Rachel!" A high pitch voice squeaks and I cover my ears at her high pitch. How squeaky can someone be? Rachel laughs at me and gives a smile to be person working in the large boutique. They hug and pull away, whispering compliments and how they are doing. The lady's eyes drift to me and her eyes widen.

"Is this Lucca's girl? She is so much more gorgeous than you described!" She walks over to me and walks around me looking up and down. Even though she complimented me, I still feel like their scrutinizing gazes are not ones trying to find my dress measurements.

"I have the perfect dress, on that will have all eyes are her gorgeous figure." She turns and heads, determined, to the back room and just thinking about the price of the dress makes my brain hurt.

"I trust the Raleigh will find the perfect dress to accent your slim and curvy figure," Rachel says with a smile. Why can't I have a cheap, plain dress? I put my hands on my face and drag them down in frustration.

"I just want a plain, cheap dress." I sigh to myself quietly, but Rachel hears me.

"If I had your beauty and figure I would wear the tightest of dresses to accent my figure. Make all the men drop to their feet and answer my beck and call."

I let out a loud laugh and roll my eyes, I could spend all day listening to her funny words. I shake my head as I sit down on the chair, closing my eyes to prepare myself for the extravagant dress they have planned for me. Heels clicking against to floor make my eyes snap open to see Raleigh holding a long black bag, a long zipper lining the middle of it. She has a large smile on her face, and Rachel's eyes are wide with wonder.

"One of Vera's, good choice Raleigh, I had no doubt you'd make her look like the real beauty she is." I get up and roll my eyes at Rachel, she's too much of a flatterer. I take the dress anyway and head to the dressing room. If she chose some sparkly, bedazzled, magenta pink dress, it will be going back on the rack and staying there.

I unzip the bag thinking of the worst when I'm met with a gorgeous silk blood red dress. The material feels smooth under my finger tips and I fall in love with it. It is a little different in neckline, but I fall in love with it none the less. I shrug off my windbreaker, and slide off my vans and my pants follow in suit. I'm left in my under garments before I unhook the dress off the hanger and start to slide it on.

As I zip it up, I look in the mirror and I'm met with someone who doesn't look like me. The lower neckline of the dress is matched with a strap that comes up around my neck, making the simple dress more daring. I go to open the door when my leg is shown through a slit in the dress. The dress shows my long legs and I feel like a young girl who found the perfect prom dress, even though I, myself, never went to prom. Unlocking the door I open it to see Rachel and Raleigh's heads snap to me, and I reluctantly walk out. Their eyes shine with an unknown emotions and I want to crawl back into the dressing room.

"I'm speechless Thea, you look like a true goddess."

"I've never seen a more beautiful woman, and I'm not just saying that." I smile at their words and do a little twirl, showing them the cross back I found when I was zipping up the dress.

"Oh, my son's eyes wont be able to leave you tonight, tu es belle, truly."

"Merci." I reply, happy I could speak French with her. I go back into the dressing room, changing back into my normal clothes and placing the dress back in the bag. I zip it up, but before I do, I see the price tag inside the bag. My curiosity bests me and I look at the long list of numbers. My brain hurts at how many numbers are in the price and I want to faint. Who would pay that much for a dress they most likely will wear once.

I grab the bag hesitantly and head out. Rachel's already at the cash register chatting happily with Raleigh. I set the bag back on the rack, and head over to the joyful women. I smile as I reach them and they both look at me in confusion.

"What?"

"Where's your dress?" I look away sheepish.

"I put it back, I can't afford it. Maybe we could check somewhere else?" Her eyes widen as she walks past me, looking for the bag I had. I wait at the counter knowing my words will fall to a deaf ear, on both the women. Rachel comes back, bag in hand, and a large smile on her face.

"We're halfway ready for tonight."

——

Thea's dress! (The actress in the dress is the one playing Thea too.)

)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.