Thirteen. - FINALE

If you like, you can play the audio when i say too. 

Today was the day. 

The day my entire life leaded up to. 

My swimsuit was sleek and tight. 

The day my life leaded up to. 

"Amethyst Cooper to the starting line!" The announcer called. 

I stepped out of the locker room, walking confident but nervous.

There were a combination of screams of support but words of disgust. 

I stood in my position to jump in the pool. 

"Elizabeth Rocks to the starting line!" The announcer called. 

A pause. 

"Disqualified." 

A another short pause.

My breathing jumped, i knew who was next.

"Liam Fields to the starting line!" The announcer called. 

Roars of support and excitement filled the gym and i heard no objections. 

He came out in his navy trunks, his chest showing. 

He looked proud and confident. 

He also stood in his position, but didn't look at me. 

Please play the audio, if you like. 

"Ready..." 

The suspense built inside of me. 

"Set..." 

I started getting ready.

"Go!" 

The pistol went off and i had forgotten how loud it was. As i swam, I could feel the Olympic judges staring me down like a hawk, watching my every move. I didn't pay attention to anything, nor did I even see that Liam had gotten in front of me. 

I just kept swimming, and i wasn't going to stop 'till i was at the end. 

Liam's POV

"Liam fields to the starting line!" I heard the voice say. 

I wasn't ready at all, and i definitely was not ready to see Amethyst. 

I never wanted to hurt her when i left her apartment three days ago but, with her i'm distracted and i can't do anything without thinking about her. 

I reminded myself that i had to do this for myself, not for anyone else and that included Amethyst, as much as it hurt. 

I stepped out with fake confidence and pride, and stepped to the pool. 

I saw Amethyst look over at me but i didn't look at her, she was my weakness. 

"Ready..." 

I tried concentrating on my goal, my dreams.

"Set..." 

No Amethyst, she made you weak.

"Go!" 

I jumped in right as the announcer blasted the pistol, i didn't see Amethyst pass me.

I was doing good, i was winning. 

And i was going to keep it that way.

Amethyst's POV

Everything happened so fast. 

I knew i was losing.

How did i get to the end? 

How?

I looked around and saw my coach cheering with a huge smile on his face.

The judges clapping holding up signs that had the number 10 on it. 

The audience was roaring. 

I was smiling, almost crying.

Liam stopped in the middle of the pool, shocked. 

I was so happy until i turned and saw how pale he was. 

"My family visited last weekend, they aren't very supportive of me." He explained. "The whole time they were here, they just-" 

"Criticized you?" I finished his sentence.

Liam smiled faintly. "Yeah." He paused. "When i get in the Olympics, i'll be successful and traveling the world...away from my family." 

I remembered his words. 

I just crushed his dreams, his hopes.

"Wait!" I yelled, causing the judges, announcer, my coach and the audience stop.

I got out of the pool and stormed over to the judge's table, and slammed my hands on it. 

"I don't want to win!" I yelled, almost crying. "I don't want the Olympics!" 

My coach patted my shoulder, but i swat his hand away, "I don't want the Olympics!" 

I turned toward everybody, tears in my eyes. "I don't deserve this." My voice cracked and i wiped the tears from my eyes, "I want to trade with Liam, he deserves to win and achieve his dreams. 

I paused, "...I love him, i will do anything for him." I choked back my tears, "I can't crush his dreams...that's not love." 

Liam stepped out of the pool, disbelief in his face.

He embraced me, and pulled me close.

And kissed me in front of everyone.

"Thank you." He said. "I love you so much more."

The judges grabbed the microphone, "The world needs idols to look up to, someone to take examples from and to remind them what love really is...that is why both of you are going to the Olympics." 

I screamed in delight, and Liam's smile was huge. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I thanked the judges millions of times. 

"Don't thank us, but we expect to see you at practice in two months." The woman judge said as they packed up their things to leave. 

"We did it!" Liam exclaimed. 

I jumped toward him and kissed him while the audience cried with delight. 

And that's how the story goes. 

-------------------

Author's note:

And the story is over!

I'm so sad!

Hope you all enjoyed, until another book. <3