On the road

Hiya! Just before you read on I want to say thank you sosososososososo much for 1k reads also all your lovely comments and votes xx

That night I didn't sleep a wink when I got home despite Namjoon assuring me that this council they spoke of wouldn't do anything yet. I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. Not to mention the fact that my apparent soulmate seems to hate my guts.

Apparently Jungkook had received a letter the morning before we all went out for dinner detailing the council's "invitation". He had confided in Yoongi who had recently been in contact with the council and confirmed it was not a hoax.

I haven't had the chance to talk to any of the guys about what the actual frick the council is because every time I bring it up they each change the subject.

The only thing I was told is that it's indisputable that we are all attending.

Now it's the day before the scheduled meeting and I'm not surprised that when I look in the mirror my face seems paler than normal and I have eye bags darker than my soul, compliments of the insomnia I have experienced over the past week.

After I finish washing up I check my phone to see a text from Namjoon.

I'll be at your place in ten.

I groan in frustration, screw his need to constantly be punctual.

I had packed the previous night, fortunately, I unlike Namjoon am not organized at all usually.  I quickly put on a casual outfit of a T-shirt and jeans and head outside with my suitcase.

I see a sleek black expensive looking car with darkened windows.

Is that Namjoon's? The car looks like it is worth more than me and everything I own, it seems unlikely that the humble small town vet I know could possibly own something like it.

Of course to my surprise and yet not to my surprise, considering my life's recent spiral into chaos, Namjoon steps out of the car wearing a sleek suit.

Suddenly I feel extremely under dressed.

"Good morning." Namjoon says flashing me a grin.

I'm about to reply when at that same moment Taehyung sticks his head out of the car door startling me.

"Namjoon! Y/N! Hurry up, we still haven't gotten Y/N her outfit and no way am I going to risk my reputation walking into a council meeting with her dressed like that." He yells with a cheeky grin plastered on his annoyingly handsome face.

I shoot Taehyung a look before turning back to take one last look at my apartment building. Hopefully Jennie bought my story about a work trip, I swear that girl can see right through me most of the time.

I am pleasantly surprised to find Hobi in the car when I clamber in, at least now I'll have his bright self to get me through whatever is to come on this journey.

I sit in the front alongside Namjoon who is driving while Hobi sits behind me in the back and Taehyung on the other side of the car.

When we are a half hour into the journey I decide it's a good time to ask the vital questions that have been pestering me since I found out about the council.

"So what the heck is the council and why is it so important that I attend their meeting?"

To my surprise Namjoon wastes no time in responding, a pleasant change compared to the fact that I have been deprived of solid answers for the past week.

"The council are the most powerful of our kind, they are like a government, responsible for overseeing each and everyone one of us."

"No pressure on me at all in that case." I murmur suddenly feeling a lot more intimidated by the situation.

"It gets worse if you think about how they are the originals of our kind.

By they I mean we of course"

At this comment I promptly turn around to face Taehyung who I had been blatantly ignoring for the     journey so far.  He has a bright innocent smile on his face but I know he is completely aware of the weight of his previous words.

"What do you mean "we"?!"

"You're in the presence of three of the originals darling." Taehyung says winking at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooo I should be updating again soon and I promise the story will progress a good bit more. Ah I have so much I want to tell you all about what I have planned xx

-Yellow 💛