Water's Call

2

The atmosphere in the dining room of Lily's house became filled with tension so thick you could cut through with a bread knife.

"wait a moment, what do you mean by you're here for a manifested elemental?, there is no such person here, I think I'd know if an elemental was living under my roof, don't you think?" Lily's father declared to the three figures currently intruding in their home.
It was now clear that they were elementals even if they hadn't declared that they were from the Ascendance League of Elementals commonly tagged ALoE.
Asides from the speaker who was evidently a fire element user, the other two were male and had the build of a royal guard -which is to say very huge- They also had a lot of brown and green coloring all over (one had green eyes and brown hair, the other had brown eyes and green hair and both of them had a sandy colored skin) and so they were evidently earth element users.
"we were sent here by the institutional sight, seekers of elementals, which is never wrong by the way, that this town and particularly this household holds an elemental' the lady stated matter of factly.
"The user had been really well hidden and had gone undetected for a while but the user has been in use of the element more and more recently in the past two years, so the trace is absolutely sure" the lady added.
Hamil rushed in to reply her "yes there is" which sent up surprised gasps from every member of her family till she continued "there are elementals in this household and currently that's just the three of you, otherwise we do not have any other freak in the house " she said boldly to the elementals.
"shush, Hamile" their mother chided.
The fiery lady took a few steps towards Hamile with a slightly menacing glance which made Hamile take a step back and swallow hard.
"We've been in this town for a whole month, the inn food is bad and the accommodations worse, the only good thing are the people, they are warm and welcoming and tend to answer questions properly when asked" she said then she lowered her glance and cooled her tone.
"After seeking for a whole month without finding anything because of how obviously good the user is at covering their tracks, just a few hours ago, we got lucky that we were in the very same tavern that she came to and used her powers right in our presence, it was in the outskirts of town as we were about giving up and leaving town, we followed the user right here to this household, so are you telling me that our eyes don't know what they saw? All three of us?" She stated simply and once again glanced straight and fierce at Hamile, believing that she was actually the elemental they were searching for.
An awkward silence ensued for a few moments then Lily stepped forward with her face looking to the ground "I'm the one they're looking for" she said knowing fully well that the elementals would never leave them alone now without getting who they came for, her secret had been exposed, finally.
"what?! That's not possible" her father replied in disbelief "You mean to tell me that you are an elemental and you've kept it from us for some years now?" He said again as his voice took on a sad tone.
"Uhm, no Dad, it's just two years and a few months now" Lily answered her father, the reply put him in believing shock that he couldn't say anything for lack of the words he needed,
"why? How?" was all her mother could ask but before Lily could answer Hamile chipped in yet again;
"whoa! so big Sis is also a freak? I knew you were weird and you hide things especially with the sneaking in and about thing, but I never pictured you for an elemental freak"
"wait! what sneaking in and out? " her father asked recovering from his mute shock.
"we've got who we came for, we shall take our leave now", the fiery lady stated cutting everyone off.
"wait you can't just take her and leave! " her mother pleaded.
"no, no way, just like that? You cannot!" her father added.
"no way, that'll leave me to do all her chores! " Hamile said almost to herself in a loud whisper which bought her hot disapproving looks from her parents.
Before there could be any other input Lily answered "its okay, Dad, Mom, I'm sorry to have kept this from you all but believe me I was scared of what you'd think of me, I didn't want to appear changed or different, I just wanted you to see me as the same me, and I really didn't want to be taken away and separated from every member of my family" she said getting emotional.
"Well, you couldn't have avoided that for long" the fire elemental lady came in "By law and decree, every manifested elemental has to be registered and take up study at an academy before taking up any of the three profession branches available to elementals, leaving your family is hard, we've all gone through that one way or the other, so say your goodbyes" she said to the family.
At that point Lily's other siblings: Hamile's immediate sister Camella and their little brother Jamie, both came and wrapped themselves around Lily, "Don't go Lily, I'm gonna miss you" Jamie said teary eyed as well.
"Don't worry we'll take care of Ma and Da" Camella added in a small voice, Hamile in spite of herself had to join in the hug
"take care of yourself Sis, stop being so shy and enjoy your new freakish life, I'm sure it'll suit you well " she said almost breaking down in tears.
The parents while seeing this knew they had to accept the fact that their first born is now of another calling and they really have to say their goodbyes as the lady had advised
"how long does she has to be away from us?" her father asked with his arms around his wife who was still sobbing.
"The academy takes seven years to complete and another five years is spent at the ALoE institute in order to become an adept, it might take longer if the user's element is difficult for the user to grasp but that shouldn't be the case since she seems to have gotten the total hang of her element" the lady answered.
Hearing this, Lily's mother rushed to hold her in a tight embrace while sobbing harder still, she tried to speak but it only came out in sobs which caused the kids as well to break down in tears.
"Guys Cmon, stop it, its really ok, besides its not gonna take forever, I'll be back before you all know it" Lily said putting on a brave face trying to hold her own tears back, at this point the three visitors started moving out giving the family a little more time to say their goodbyes.