Water's Beckoning

1

***about a whole year later...

"Hey you! Are you deaf or something? Raise your head and tell me why you gave those kids my money! " came a gruff voice directly above Lily who sat on a stool at a tavern on the outskirts of town.
She could feel the man so close to her and his breath was so sour and rank with alcohol, she hoped her cloak's hood gave enough cover as she squeezed her face at the sourness coming from his mouth.
Then she put on her game face and donned the icy eyes (a tricky ability of hers where she turns her rich brown eyes into an icy brightly blue colour that they could almost stare out ice daggers)
Then she stood up and faced the man so suddenly that her hood fell back and their eyes meet, sure enough it had the desired effect. The man stumbled backwards a bit and the look of fear crossed his face for a brief moment.
"what do you think you are, who do you think you are? to think that you could exploit those poor kids and even demand unlawful tax of them" She said masking her voice with a bit of pressure to her voice box so it'll sound more mature (more tricks thanks to her water control).
"you do that and use them to clean your stables, work hard on your farm and still you don't give them their rightful wages, out of the little you give them you demand again as tax, tell me where is the fairness in that?" she asked in her now cool and harsh mature voice that sent a chill to her surroundings.
"yes I took the money that was rightfully theirs, a whole year's wages for each and all five of them, now they've moved to a better place far away from here to live their lives in peace away from the likes of you!" she said defiantly.
The man seemed to regain awareness in that instant and then he hit his hand in a fist form on the table between them.
"who are you to give such verdict and judgement? there is no one who can defy me in this town and you are about to learn that lesson the hard way" he said seething with anger.
He snapped his fingers and two hefty guys stood up from a corner of the tavern, she had noticed those ones before as she came into the tavern just before the councilman came after her heels.
The one she didn't know of was the one that walked in from outside the making four including the stupid councilman, 'idiot, you didn't account for the extra men he might bring' she thought to herself reprimanding herself, of course she felt him outside but she didn't actually think he'd be with the jerk of a councilman.
The men advanced except for the councilman and at that, the little crowd in the tavern were already cowering away from them but she noticed they stayed just far enough to see the event about to take place.
'you all want to see some action yeah?, I'll show you action' she thought to herself and flung her arms sideways as the men came for her.
She held her power in a mental grasp as the control of water came easily to her as butter melting in hot pan. She pulled most of the liquid that are in the containers to her left and right -cups, jugs and bowls- to form a sphere around both her palms.
She could feel the tingling of alcohol on her fingertips and in her power sense as there was ale and beer as well as water in the containers, the icy eyes she'd donned faded and brought back the rich warm brown color of her eyes, she couldn't quite use both her icy eyes and her water control simultaneously yet.
Lily thrust her hands forward spraying the liquids in a strong arc squirt burst, her full long silvery hair flowed over her shoulders and floated up again as she jumped high, righted herself in the air and dived straight for the councilman even as the liquid she sprayed sideways were on their way to meet their own targets.
She used the sprayed liquids to flip over the two goons that were closest to the councilman by tripping them over, then she grabbed the councilman by the shirt and willed more liquids to splash all over him and formed bubbles covering most of his upper body.
She smirked after that and flipped away using the third goon to propel herself towards the entrance to the tavern which the idiots left unguarded in an attempt to capture and deal with her thinking she was harmless.
As she got to the entrance of the tavern, she looked back and blew a kiss at the councilman, immediately, the spheres of liquids on him started freezing so fast till his upper body was stiff and encased in ice bubbles.
The councilman's goons rushed to him and tried to release him from the icy confines hacking at it with their knives hence giving her enough time to bail out into the streets, she could hear his voice trailing after her as he gave the command to his goons for them to go after her instead of helping him but it was too late as she ran fast towards her home on the other side of town.

***

As Lily approached her home, she tipped-toed towards her room window and opened up a little compartment by the window sill that only she knew about, then she put her disguises in it -her silvery hair wig and her puffy but light hooded cloak that made her seem larger than she actually was.
Leaving her real self open; a girl of fifteen, tall and slim with medium bust and a slight hourglass figure, her long creamy brunette hair flowed down as she loosened it, she had rich warm brown eyes, long fingers, dark skinned and beautiful natural appearance.
She took a deep breath and shook herself mentally, after feeling she was back to her normal self enough she went to the front door and opened it going inside to meet her sister's face close to hers as if she had been waiting right inside the house for her to come back home, a typical mom move.
"where have you been?, you left us all alone in the house starving!" Hamile her immediate sister stated in a half shout.
Hamile knows Lily doesn't like being yelled at, yet she does it purely for the fun she derives of it.
Lily just pushed past her sister and answered with a question "can't you be useful for yourself and others for once and just cook? For just this one time?" She asked her sister.
Hamile folded her arms across her chest as she watched her big sister like a hawk that was waiting for an opportunity to snatch a chick from her mother "you know I don't cook, that's your job and you do it best, even though I don't like to admit it, second only to Mom's " she said to her big sister.
"Hamy look, please don't patronize me, I don't have the time or energy, just go fix something for us ok?" She said to her little sister who wouldn't back down.
"well ok, then while I'm at it I'll just think of the best possible way to present your sneaky activities that "no one knows about" to Dad and Mom when they get back, remind me, what do you do at those times? tell me so I can add it in to make the story full and interesting " Hamile said declaring a war she knows she'll win, her hands were still folded across her chest but this time she had a smirk on her face to back up the challenge.
Lily's eyes twitched a bit in annoyance as she realized she's being blackmailed, Hamile's best weapon "never mind, I'll just go prepare something for you guys then, if only to keep that big mouth of yours shut" she said in defeat.
'why does she always do that? ' she asked herself thoughtfully as she dragged herself to the kitchen to prepare the evening meal, half wishing there was a way she could user her powers to erase someone's memories or coerce them into doing things, she quickly banished the thought though, that wasn't proper, she'd never make anyone do anything against their wishes, she thought.

***

At dinner with the whole of Lily's family were seated -her father, mother, three siblings of two girls and one boy-
There were knowing and pleading looks passing between Hamile and Lily, then a loud knock made them all jumped "I'll get it!!" Hamile jumped up and raced to the door hoping its one of her friends that had come to take the boredom out of her night.
"who is it?" her Dad called when he didn't get a feedback from the door, but then the family glanced up and saw Hamile and three hooded figures coming towards them.
"uhmm" Hamile wimpered, the middle figure raised her hood, showing hair as red as hot pepper, her eyes had orange irises that seemed to dance in the low lighting of the room, she had a lush tan skin, beautiful angular face and fierce appearance.
The lady spoke in a sweet silky voice "we are emissaries from the Ascendance League of Elementals, and we are here for the manifested elemental present in this house." She stated simply.

Heeelllooo peeps, thats the first chapter, hope you guys enjoyed it, comment and vote if you do.... Let me know how y'all feel about the characters and the events... More to come.... C ya... K