20. Back Home?

Two Months Later....

De'Ari

So y'all wondering where I live now. I stay with my Pop Pop. I haven't talked to my mom since the hospital. She took my phone, keys, everything from me.

I sighed laying back in bed. Only time I get to see Jason is at school. He's not allowed in here. Pop Pop strict asf on us especially when we fuck up. We had a talk so I'm good. De'Janae on the other hand is who no one wants to talk to. She still healing from her injuries. She stayed in the hospital for a month and a half because after what my momma did she fucked her up and she ended up in a coma.

I'm still mad at her. She try to talk to me but I just can't talk to her yet. It's too hard. The first week I moved in I had the nightmares of her stabbing our mom. I woke up screaming and crying. But lately I haven't had them. I pray they don't come back.

"Pop Pop I'm going for a walk." He looked at me for a while, but nodded. I needed some air. I needed to clear my mind.

*

*

*

*

*

I had to be walking for over three hours. I turned back heading home when I stopped in front of my mom house. Honestly I just want to come back home. Should I knock? Maybe she hates me? I breathe deeply. I walked up to the door and knocked. Jr opened the door.

"Hey." I said lowly.

"Hey sis? What are you doing here?" He asked walking out.

"I was walking to clear my head and I wanted to see you." I half lied.

"Yeah okay. Lie again." I slumped my shoulders.

"I want to come back home. I didn't mean for anything to happen. It's all my fault. She hates me I know it. This is all my fault." I cried. He hugged me.

"It's not your fault you didn't know that she was going to do that. No one did. You can't blame yourself for Janae actions. Ma don't hate you. She just disappointed. She loves you always remember that." He said. I nodded wiping my tears away.

"Thank you." I said.

"Its what I'm here for."

"Is she home?"

"Yeah."

"Can you get her for me." I asked. He nodded and went inside. I hope she come. I hear the front door open. She walks out.

She sits in a chair next to me. She sat back like she a nigga. I swear she a thug.

"Wassup?" She said.

"I just want to say I'm sorry for disobeying you. I know none of us are prefect, but I need my mother back. I want our relationship how it used to be before all of this happened. I know you hate me. I want to say I'm sorry." I said holding back my tears. I hear her sigh.

"I could never hate you. I love all my kids right or wrong, but at the end of the day when I say something I mean it. I know y'all kids and want to have fun, but your choices getcha fucked up. Y'all know I'd take a bullet for y'all at the end of the day, but I'm not fighting or saving people who not fighting or saving me. We all are wrong and had something to do with it. I did my best raising y'all to be respectable, smart, loving, etc. I gave y'all the world. I stopped what I was doing to tend to my kids and husband. Not everything perfect. I accept your apology and I'm sorry for whatever I did." She said.

"That's the thing you didn't do anything. Your the best mom I could ask for. Anything I had a problem with you helped me. I'm thankful to have a mother like you. I love you."

"I love you too De'Ari." She said hugging me.

"Can I come back home?"

"Give me some time to think about it." She said. I nodded. We hugged and said goodbye.

I'm glad we made up. Next step making up with my twin.

De'Janae

I know everybody hates me for what I did. I was high off my ass. But that isn't an excuse. My mom beat my ass so bad I went into a coma. They had to remove the broken IV that was in my arm cause the needle got stuck. My broken leg was broken some more. They say I might have a limp they don't know until the cast come off.

Jr don't fuck with me at all. Neither does De'Ari. I'm not gone lie I miss everyone. But my decisions got the best of me. I know I have to make things right.

I wiped my tears thinking about my childhood and my actions. It's hurts to know that my discussions caused me to lose the ones I love the most, especially my mom. I'm supposed to make her proud of me not hate me. I need to get my shit together and make things right.

I hear my room door open. I turn over to see my twin. I missed her so much.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." She said back. She sat on the couch in my room. There was a long silence before I broke it.

"I'm so sorry De'Ari. I don't know what came over me. It just happened. I was mad and high off my ass. I never meant to hurt her. It's fucked up that I tried to kill her let alone doing the things I've been doing. I just want you to forgive me and get back to what we used to be." I cried hard man. This shit taking a tole on me. My heart heavy and I'm really trying to fix things.

"Why would you even do that? What if she would've died? Then what would you have done? She gave us everything. Her and daddy was there every step of the way. You took it to far this time. I forgive you but I will not forget. Why would you even stoop so low?" She yelled crying.

"I don't know okay. I just did. I'm a fuck up I get it! I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I did. I'm just fucking sorry. I have to live with the stupid shit I did. I made a name for myself without even knowing it. I'M SORRY. I'm sorry." I sobbed loudly. I just wish I can take it back. She hugged me making me cry harder.

"You need to pray to God for forgiveness. Then go to her and apologize. She loves you regardless. Just give her time." De'Ari said. I nodded. She kissed my forehead and walked out the room.

She's right. I laid back in my bed and closed my eyes. Tomorrow is a new day.