21st March (Part 1)

Today was the day he invited me over to his house. Today was the day I went to his house and there he was, in a suit looking like his best self. Today was the day I forgot for a moment that he wasn't okay as I knew what was wrong. Today was the day I went into his room and he led me to his closet. Today was the day he told me to close my eyes because he was about to show me something. Today was the day I then opened my eyes and saw the closet all lit up with planets and stars hanging there. Today was the day he reminded me that it was basically the Jovian Plutonian gravitational effect. Today was the day someone did the single loveliest thing for me. Today was the day we sat down and had Chinese food. Today was the day I gave him the book I knew he was looking for;'The Waves'. Today was the day my eyes filled with tears and I started crying for I knew he wasn't okay. Today was the day he asked me what was wrong and I told him that I knew he wasn't fine. Today was the day he pulled away, then pushed me away with a hollow smile. Today was the day I got angry and left him. Today was the day the stars and the planets already died out. Today was the day I should have stayed. Today was the day I could have stayed. Today was the day he was born but not really. Today was the day I saw him for the last time. Today was the day I could have saved him.

-Violet Markey

-----

A/N

I'm a day late but here it is. I wrote a little something for its Finch's birthday. The picture for this post was taken by me. You'll understand why its bright here. Wait for part 2, readers. Oh and Happy Birthday, Finch. My favourite character forever and always.