And that's when I bump into Eveline.

"You weirdo Emmer! You could've had dirt on you! And you would have ruined my million dollar dress!"

"THAT cost a million dollars?" I laugh and then cover my mouth quickly trying not laugh.

"River!" Suddenly I stop laughing and my heart stopped. Why did she have to call for River? Like seriously. It's awkward enough.

"Yeah?" I could the smirk on River's face when he walked over here. He purposely stood closer to me to make me feel awkward. He knew that affected me. Or he thinks it affected the old Emmer.

"Can you tell Emmer exactly how much this dress cost?! And tell her how beautiful it is!" She yells making me laugh. She was hilarious when she was furious. And obviously River saw that too. But then River sighed to calm himself down and looked at me. But I didn't dare to turn my head to look at him. I just continued to look at Eveline.

"It cost 1,89-" he cut himself off and sighed.

"I'm sorry. I can't talk to someone who doesn't look me in the eye." River pleads making my cheeks hot. "But, can I talk to Emmer alone for a moment? Actually, you know what I'm going to talk to her in this room for a moment. Be right back love." JUST HAD TO CALL HER LOVE!

But, Eveline didn't think anything by it. In response she gestured for us to leave. We both nodded our heads and River wrapped his arm around my waist leading me to the way.

We both entered the room. And the moment River shut the door he turned on the lights only to reveal red bed sheets, pillows, rugs, blankets, and candles everywhere. And little rose petals here and there.

"Emmer." I just look to the side. I still haven't made eye contact with him this entire time.

"Do you remember?" That's what hit home. My heart wanted to yell yes. But then my head told me no. It isn't right.

"Stop asking dumb questions." I respond cold.

"Ems, I just want a fucking answer." Now He was getting cold with me. I just shook my head staring at the floor.

"It's a dumb question with a dumb answer."

That's when River turned around and banged his fists against the wall in anger. He was furious. I hadn't seen this River in what seemed like ages.

"Ems, give me the dumb answer." He responds turning around. I don't even know how I haven't noticed that he had bags under his eyes. And he didn't look as vibrant as he used to. If anything he looked sick. And his breathing had gotten louder. I have no clue how I haven't noticed that.

"I won't." And thats when River walked towards me quickly making us inches away. His breath still smelled like mint. Strong mint.

"Emmer Lee Glyne. Give me a fucking answer!" Now He was yelling with tears filling his eyes. I could see him struggling to keep from crying.

"River, you're getting married to my sister. If I did remember I still wouldn't have told you." Now he looked crushed. Like his whole world was ripped.

"Ems... you seriously have some weird hold over me. It's like you're playing with my heart. Hell, not even just my heart. My body too. The night you left I drank and smoked over and over again. I had slept with Crystal that night because I was lonely. I felt as though I had nothing. Like, I was a waist of air. And I'm incapable of loving someone like the way I love you. Because it is impossible for me to get over you. Everyone I know knows that. It's a fucking fact." I could feel my tears beginning to fall down my cheeks. But River quickly whipped them away.

"Why would you do that?" He pleads holding my face in his hands. His hands were so warm and soft. I should have never left. That was honestly the biggest mistake of my life.

"I was lost River." I croak. I could hear my voice crack but I didn't care.

It was just silent for a long time. We both stared at each other back and fourth. His blue eyes were so aqua. His eyes twinkled.

"Ems..." And that's when he sighed looking down, and then back at me. His hands were wrapped around my waist bringing me closer to him. Then that's when he said,

"Ems, I really want to pin you down and kiss you on this fucking bed like there is no tomorrow, and probably rip your clothes off as well. And kiss you everywhere." River whispers in my ear in his sexy low tone making me quiver. Honestly, I have no words.

"You know what, I'm not even going to let you answer that." And that's when River pushed me on the bed. He jumped on top of me and began to kiss me right on the lips. He kissed me over and over again. And then he went to my neck as he slowly took my shirt off revealing my bra. I followed by taking off his shirt.

I don't know what it was about this kiss but, it's totally different. I know I have said that a lot times before but, this is the kids. The kiss the everyone says in fairytales. The kiss that your mom tells you that's how you know he is the one. This is the kiss that you describe with your best friends. This is the kiss that you will get from this man for the rest of your life. Because, this is the kiss.

"I remember." I mutter softly. And that's when River stopped. He looked up at me and smiled.
His eyes somewhat twinkled and he continued to kiss me.

"I love you Ems."

"I love you River."

🥀💍🥀

THIS ISNT THE END! But I have a question for you guys! Who is your favorite character out of the entire book? Anyways, love ya!