CHAPTER 8

ATUTOR'S NOTE: Hey guys, so i'm thinking i shoud change the title!! but i can't think of wwhat to call it!! So can you guys help me out and give me some suggestions?? THANXZ

CHAPTER 8: APOLOGIES

JADE'S P.O.V

We were at school. Well, we were about to walk in. I was walking with Dereck holding hands. We walked into the school. I saw a bunch of people were crowded around two people. I walked closer pulling Dereck. I looked and saw some dude i never saw before that was 3 times as big as Jake, circling him. WHAT IS IT WITH NEW GUYS AND MY BROTHER! I saw in Jake's eyes that he was scared but he stood his ground even though he was shaking out of fear. This got me PISSED OFF! Everyone was shouting,"FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!" I screamed out above them,"STOP!" Everyone stopped and i let go of Dereck's hand as he stared at me in shock. I stomped through the crowd. Well the let a path for me to get through. Jake looked so relived. I glared at the big dude. He smirked and said,"Move out of the way hot stuff, so i can beat this loser to a pulp." OH NO HE DID NOT JUST CALL ME HOT STUFF AND THREATEN MY BROTHER! I had to work hard to control my temper. I said through gritted teeth,"If you want my brother, you have to go through me first." He smirked and said,"I'll try not to hurt you girly."

That was it. I threw my fist with power and speed and hit his face with all my built up anger. Anger at him, anger at my brother, and anger at me for not being here sooner to explain the rules to the new kid. I hit him in his jaw and i think i broke it. He stumbled and before he could regain his composure, i hit him again, this time in his nose. It broke. Then i hit him in his eye, kicked him in the ribs, i think i broke a few, and then i kicked him where the sun don't shine. He was on the ground moaning in pain. I looked over to see Dereck was trying everything to get out of the grip Zane had on him. He was trying to get to me. Finally Zane let him go and he rushed up to me.

He picked me up in his arms and said,"Are you crazy! I thought you were going to get murded by him. He was so much bigger than you! Then stupid Zane had to hold me back! I wanted to murder him! Gah! And where did you kearn to fight like that? And-" I cut him off by giggling. I swear everyone, even Jake gasped. I never laughed or giggled. I just giggled harder. Everyone was staring at me. It was weird. Some people came and took the bid dude to the hospital. I said,"Dereck, i know you were afraid for me but trust me, i've fought dudes 10 times his size. You don't need to worry about me." It was true, he didn't have to worry. He sighed and said,"So? You may have done all that but you are the girl i love, and therefore i will worry about you no matter what."

I nodded and then was called to the principle's office. I made Zane take Dereck to class. I headed to the principle's office.

******************

I got suspended for two weeks. I told Dereck and Zane that i was suspended and that i was walking home. I decided to face my doom and walk home to Lucas. I got there and walked in silently with my head held high. I Lucas in the living room watching tv. I walked in and saw that he was watching my favorite show, Two and A Half Men. I cleared my throat and his head snapped around and his eyes went wide beofre he attacked me in a big bear hug. He said,"JADE! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that to you. I will forever regret it. I wil do everything and anything to make it up to you so you will forgive me! I love you so much but when you mentioned Dad, i was just so upset!" He stopped talking cause he was sobbing now.

I said,"Lucas, i forgive you-" He froze "-but i won't be staying home for awhile. I will be staying where i have been for while. I don't know when i will be home to stay. But for now, you can start making it up by making us some popcorn and putting in a movie." He smiled and then his face fell when he saw the briuse. In his eyes were pain, regret, and self hatred. He touched it softly and i couldn't help but flinch. I said,"Don't worry, i'll be fine." He nodded and we watched a bunch of movies and talked and laughed. It was fun. Soon i fell asleep, my head in his lap. He was singing my childhood lullaby. It made me fall asleep and have a weird dream. It was of my granma. She was dead, but my best friend when she was alive.

**DREAM**

I was laying in my grandma's feather bed in mine and Dereck's meadow. Then my grandma was there. She was laying there. She said,"Ah, Jade. I have missed you so much." I looked at her and hugged her hard and said,"I miss you too." She chuckled and said,"Jade, it's so good to see you protecting your brothers But i am here for a reason. Kayden is planning something. Something big and only you can stop him. He wants to get rid of Dereck, not kill him, but get rid oof him. Only you can handle taking him dow. You must figure out his plan and then you will know how to stop it."

I looked at her and she continued. She said,"You have a month to stop him. You must stop him. I won't let my grand daughter go back into a depression. Now i must go, but i love you as my daughter. But remember, looks can be decieving, and people can lie." I said,"I Love you too granny. BUt what do you mean by remember that?" But she faded away and i was left here to think it over. What the heck did she mean?

**END OF DREAM**

Then it was just a dream where i was in the bed in our meadow thinking. What did my granny mean by People can lie?