xxvii. BATMAN AND CATWOMAN

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENBATMAN AND CATWOMAN

BATMAN AND CATWOMAN

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

STILES' POV

If I had only started running a few seconds earlier. I had been too busy blocking the glare from the field lights at of my eyes to notice that Carson had started running. All I heard was the thump of her heels hitting the ground when I pulled my arms away.

  She was running across the field at a pace I didn't even think she could go at. In the middle of the field stood a female shape I was assuming was Lydia. And going towards her...well, I was hoping it wasn't the one person I assumed it was.

  I gulped, before sprinting after my girlfriend. If that was truly Peter, Lydia was going to need all the help she could get.

  "Lydia! Run!" Carson screamed, her bare feet pounding across the grass.

  But it was too late; Lydia had already been attacked, Peter's fangs biting right through her side. And that's when it happened. Her bloodied body hit the floor

  "Leave her alone!" Carson yelled, looking like she was about to hit Peter.

  But he beat her to it, a fist headed in her direction. She must have not seen it coming as it connected with her head with a solid thump. Carson didn't even make a sound as she went sailing towards the ground. She hit the grass. She wasn't moving.

  "Carson!" I screamed as I neared them. My voice was strangled as I watched the girl I love hit the ground. The girl who had finally felt the same way I did.

  I ran faster stumbling when I was only a few feet away. I let myself fall, skidding on my knees to a stop in front of Carson. From here, she only looked like she was sleeping, despite the small trickle of blood beginning to spill down her forehead.

  I went to grab her, pull her in my arms and try to wake her up when Peter intervened. The Alpha, whose skin was now burn free, crouched over my girlfriend in a defensive stance. Blood, which I was assuming was Lydia's, was covering his chin. His fangs had been retracted but that didn't mean he didn't look scary as hell.

  I looked down at Carson and then back at him. "Don't kill her...Just please, don't kill her," I begged.

  He looked down at her limp body and grinned, a sort of evil seeming to flicker in his gaze. "Of course not. Just tell me how to find Derek."

  "W-What?" I stuttered, not thinking I had heard right.

  He smirked, dragging a long nail down the side of Carson's face, light enough as to not break skin. "Tell me how to find Derek Hale."

  Derek. All of this was over Derek? He was attempting to murder my girlfriend and her best friend over freaking Sour Wolf? According to Scott, the plan was supposed to be targeted at Allison, which made sense. Get to Allison, get to the Argents and then get to Derek. Easy. Carson and Lydia had nothing to do with the hunters and how the hell was I supposed to know where Derek was being locked up?