vi. LOCKER ROOM FIASCOS

CHAPTER SIXLOCKER ROOM FIASCOS

CHAPTER SIX
LOCKER ROOM FIASCOS

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

STILES POV

"They're like perfect for each other!" she squealed. "He's like so freaking in love with her, it's adorable. I want someone like that!"

  I rolled my eyes at her with a grin. "I like you like that," I said, mumbling.

  "Huh?" she asked. Her chocolate brown eyes bored into mine with a questioning look.

  Almost automatically, I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. God, I've been doing a lot of blushing lately. "Nothing."

  Without another word, I ducked into the locker room. The door pretty much slammed in her face.

  God, I'm an idiot. If she ever found out...dear god, I think I'd die. She'd probably laugh in my face. I mean, just look at her dating record! Besides Jackson, she's gone out with like half the guys on the lacrosse team. Sure, it was only for a first date or two with all of them except Jackson, but it proved that she'd never go out with me. They were all popular, and funny, and had abs.

  I was just pale, awkward, sarcastic Stiles. The best friend.

  "Stupid, stupid," I muttered, walking through the locker room. I passed Scott, who looked like he was having a mental breakdown. I kept walking before that actually hit me. I quickly backtracked.

  He leaned up against the metal racks, just staring into space.

  "Did you apologize to Allison?" I asked.

  "Yeah," he answered, sounding breathless.

  "Well, is she giving you a second chance or..." I asked, trailing off.

  "Yeah," he repeated.

  "Yeah, alright! So everything's good," I laughed, going to walk off.

  "No," I heard him say.

  I walked back yet again. "No?"

  "Remember the hunters?" he said. "Her dad is one of them."

  Holy crap. Did he just say that Allison's dad was a hunter?

  "Her dad?" I echoed.

  "Shot me," he said.

  "Allison's father?" I asked, my voice slightly going up.

  "With a crossbow," he finished, eyes slightly wide.

  My mind clearly wasn't processing this information. I took another few seconds, before asking again.

  "Allison's father—"

  "Yes, her father!" he yelled. And that's when the panic attack began setting in. "Oh my God... oh my god."