xiv. AN UNREQUITED MESS

CHAPTER FOURTEENAN UNREQUITED MESS

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
AN UNREQUITED MESS

"Carson, baby," Stiles murmured, running a thumb across my cheek. He did this gently, like I was a priceless work of art. His other arm was wrapped loosely around my waist.

"Yes?" I asked just as quietly, feeling like I was unable of movement.

There was no background, no noise, just the two of us together in our own little world. No one to bother us, no on to ruin this perfect moment. I was wrapped up in his arms, his soothing touch making me melt; if he wasn't holding me, I was sure that I'd be a puddle of the ground.

"I love you," he whispered, his face nearing mine. He nuzzled my cheek with his nose, before directing himself towards my lips.

With one slight movement, his lips would be on mine. They met in the middlebut there was no feeling surrounding it. I couldn't feel the perfection of itbut for right now it didn't matter.

His words were still ringing in my ears.

I love you.

If only I could stay here forever. Unfortunately, I woke up unwillingly with a groan. I wanted to go back. I wanted to stay in that dream. Why couldn't I go back? Or at least record my dreams and watch them later?

I went to turn over. But I couldn't. Something was keeping me pinned down to the bed. I opened my eyes slowly and took in my surroundings. The first thing that occurred to me was that I was not in my own room. I recognized the area around me as Stiles' room. I was in his bed then. The second thing that occurred to me was that I was not alone in this bed.

I looked downwards as much as I could to see that there was arm wrapped tightly around my waist. There was a body pressed up against my backside, spooning me. A head was tucked into the crook of my neck and I could hear light breathing.

My cheeks began warming as I realized that it was Stiles in bed with me. I knew that we hadn't done anything but the fact that he was still here with his arms wrapped around me was a tad nerve wracking. I gulped slightly as I remembered the dream from last night. Jesus Christ, I had dreamt about kissing him while I was in his bed. Let's pray I don't talk in my sleep. And if I do, well I hope he's a heavy sleeper.

A clock was placed next to me and the neon green letters read six thirty. We had exactly an hour and a half till we had to be at school. Normally I wouldn't get up until around seven and I think Stiles was the same. But I also somehow had to get to my house and get clothes and my things. I had the option of ditching but Stiles didn't. And I didn't really want to spend all day by myself.

So, I began to unwillingly ruin this perfect morning.

"Stiles," I said, trying to turn over in his arms. It was a struggle but I managed to roll onto my other side, facing him. I tried to ignore the fact that his lips were only mere inches from mine.