17

"You grew up with... with that?" Luke looked at me with disbelief. 

My parents had left minutes ago and we have just been sitting on my couch; Me looking at my feet, Luke looking at me. He probably had so many questions, which I would be happy to answer, if he stopped looking at me as if I would break down any second.

"Go ahead." I whisper, confusing Luke.

"What?"

"Ask all of the questions that are flooding through your head right now. I will answer them." I give him a small side smile. I see his face flood with contemplation; does he want to know the answers or not?

"Have they always been like that?" He begins pacing around the room.

"Ever since middle school when my body was... changing. That's when the stretch marks started to appear in my hips and boobs." I subconsciously rub where the unflattering scars are. "I don't care how many people tell me that they are beautiful. I know that they are not on myself. Other people can work these little fuckers like Gucci on the runway. But I cannot. I refused to wear anything that showed them. If there was a crop top I wanted, I had to have high wasted jeans." I 

"Zoe-" 

I cut him off, "My mom would comment on my thighs getting thick, my ass getting fat, my stomach getting bigger. I really didn't see what she was talking about. In high school I was 130 pounds while my friends were 115, 120 at most. So I began boxing and going on diets. Not that it was hard; My mom basically made me."

"How much did you weigh after high school?" Luke spoke up, not letting me cut him off this time.

"Don't you know not to ever ask a woman about her weight?" I lightheartedly joked, but Luke's expression showed that he wasn't amused. "115 at 18."

"And how much do you weigh now?" 

I knew not to joke this time, "95." I mumbled but I knew that Luke heard me. He stormed out of my apartment and I hear a bang.

My head meets my hands. Nobody wants to be friends with the anorexic freak. 

To my surprise, Luke walks in again, holding his hand in pain. "I didn't want to punch your wall, so I punched the hall wall." I immediately get up and help nurse his hand, wrapping a bandage after cleaning his knuckles.

"Contrary to your belief, I think that your body was perfect. I think that those marks just make your body unique." Luke puts wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer, leaning his forehead on mine. "I think that you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

"Don't start what you won't be able to continue, Luke." I whisper, my hand snaking up around his neck, I pull my head way from his.

"I will. I promise you I can continue whatever you want this to be." Luke places his hand on the back of my head and inches me forward. 

We look in each others eyes for mere seconds before I think 'fuck it' and place my lips on his.