6

"Why are you in here?" I whisper and face Ashton.

"I came to see if you were okay, I saw a guy behind you, but now I can see that you're obviously not."

"Don't tell." I break the eye contact and look at my hands.

Ashton comes and sits down on this disgusting floor next to me and places an arm around my shoulder. "I know how you feel." His voice shakes.

"What?" I take out a piece of gum from my bag, trying to get this horrid taste out of my mouth.

"When I was in high school, even a little after, I used to do some things that I really regret." Ashton reluctantly lifts his sleeve and shows me the faintest little pink slits on his wrists.

Immediately, I begin to sob into my hands.

"I wish I never started, but I'm glad I stopped. The guys helped me through that rough patch. If you let us, I bet we can all get you away from this bad habit." Ashton plays with my hair as I cry into his chest.

"I know it's not good, but I've lost weight I've been trying to get rid of for years, in two weeks." I wipe my tears and sit up again.

"You don't need to lose any weight, Zoe. You are beautiful." Ashton's eyes begin to water.

"You have to say that to your fans." I stand up.

"No, I don't." Ashton stands up as well. "I have to say it to someone who is going through a hard time, especially if they're my friend. I have to because if I don't, you're gonna be gone before you realize it."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." I look in the mirror and fix my face as much as I can. Thank god i wore water proof mascara.

"Let's go back out." Ashton takes my hand. "But I want you to remember we are all here for you."

We walk back to the table our friends are seated at and sit down.

"Why is your face red?" Ana asks.

"Were you crying?" Calum questions.

Shit. "I tripped on my way to the bathroom and landed on my ankle. It hurts but I'm fine now." I fake a smile.

"We should all exchange numbers!" Winter squeals.

"Yeah sure, I was gonna ask for all of yours anyway." Michael says as everyone takes out their phones.

We decide to just make a group chat. I add all my girls and then the boys numbers, so everyone just texts their name and we don't have to spend 20 minutes trying to get everyones.

"Time to head out." Luke stretches and we all agree.

"Do you guys need a ride home? We have our driver outside." Ashton points to the exit.

"Uh, yeah. We took a taxi and doesn't look like any are around." I bite my lip, "Only if it's not a problem, we can wait for a taxi."

"Nonsense, let's go."