Nineteen

Jayden watched as Asher was being punished by the strange man that just showed up, "But sir! She was taunting me!" Asher growled

"Doesn't matter, wolf. We agreed she wouldn't be harmed," the man hissed. He turned to look at the teens that were spread about the warehouse and lowered his head, "I apologize for Asher's behavior. Please come upstairs with me, bring Ericka with you. Ruby, there is more medicine upstairs to help her heal quicker," he mentioned and picked up Ericka gently who was still in her wolf form.

Asher observed angrily as Jayden and Shaun followed upstairs with Ruby and Skull right behind them, "Skull, you better come back here," he growled.

Skull turned around, glaring at Asher with a scowl across her mouth, "I want to help others, not harm them. I'm staying with Ruby and the others," she snarled. She quickly turned on her heel and sped up the stairs, catching up to the others.

"You gonna be okay?" Jayden asked, looking back to her. Skull nodded and gave a small smile. He turned his attention to the front and continued to follow the man that carried Ericka, "I should have never left your side," he said softly.

"Jayden, she will be alright. Ruby will heal her right up. Skull, you may help Ruby if you'd like. Shaun and Jayden, I would like you both to come with me. I'd like you to see something in my office," the man spoke.

"Yes sir," Ruby saluted and grabbed Skull's hand, pulling her off to the medic part of the building.

Shaun growled, "How do we know you aren't going to hurt us?"

The man chuckled, "If I were to harm any of you, I would have done it by now. I am not one to harm, unless they are a threat. You kids don't seem like a threat. Stay on my good side and you won't die," he became very serious. He set Ericka down on the couch that was nearby his office and guided Jayden and Shaun inside.

The office was huge, Shaun almost lost her jaw and Jayden was in shock. They both were. It had Victorian trinkets and possible heirlooms throughout the whole office. The room had no windows, but it was painted a nice shade of red to make it look a little less scary. The man's desk was the length of the office, but it was thin, so there was plenty of room for a coffin and a nice seating area. "So um...sir, what did you want to show us?" Shaun asked nervously. She played with the ends of her hair as she waited for an answer.

"Please, call me Winston," he corrected kindly. His fangs could be seen subtly as he smiled. "I wanted to show you two this," Winston went behind his desk, revealing a hidden bookcase. He reached for a specific book on the middle shelf that was off to the right. He tugged on it, revealing another bookcase. As he stepped towards it, it swiveled to let him through. "Come with me," he turned to Jayden and Shaun with an arm out. He could tell the teens were nervous, "I promise, I won't leave you down here to rot. You are not a threat to me," he reassured.

Shaun went along, but Jayden was still hesitant, "Jay, it's okay. If he does anything, we can shift," she told him.

Winston shook his head, "This place is a no power zone. I will not be able to do anything to you two," he explained. Once Jayden knew that, he went right along with it.