XV

A/N: So an odd thought came to me recently but I realised that I've never done a Q&A with you guys...so here's your opportunity to question me!

Yeah so just drop your questions for me in the comment box or PM me ;) Idk why but I'm kind of excited about this lol

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

********************************************************************************************

-*-*-*-*- Will -*-*-*-*-

Before Will could stab that good for nothing, bastard Mortmain in the face, Magnus had grabbed him again, yanking him back. "Get your hands off me!" he yelled, struggling against the warlock's grip. "Let me kill him that bastard! Get off me!"

"Calm down, Will," Magnus said forcefully. "If you remember Mortmain then you'd know that he's up to something! If you kill him, then we'll never know what!"

"I don't care!" Will shouted. "He's a psychopath!"

"Such big words, Mr Herondale," Mortmain chuckled. "I see your vocabulary hasn't faded."

"I have some more choice words for you," Will spat. "You sick, son of a b-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt your extreme cussing, but I'm afraid we have very little time," Mortmain cut him off. "If you want to save Miss Gray and Mr Carstairs, as well as the other Shadowhunter's Lupus has taken, then I would advise you listen to what I have to say."

"We'll listen," Magnus said, still tightly holding Will. "But if you try anything, you may find yourself covered in glitter standing in the middle of the demon realms. Do you understand?" Mortmain laughed, shaking his head.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it the moment I walked in here," he said. Nevertheless, he strolled over to the armchair and sat himself down, crossing his legs as if he was relaxing at home.

Magnus let go of Will and sat down himself. Will remained standing, his hand still gripping the dagger like it was life or death...which to be honest, it was.

"So, it has come to my attention that Miss Gray is no longer in your care at the Institute," Mortmain said. "My automatons reported to me that she was taken by someone named Lupus along with the Lightwood Brothers, Miss Herondale and, of course, your parabatai."

"If you came here to tell us what we already know, then I suggest you leave," Will snarled. Mortmain held up a hand.

"I am not quite finished yet, Mr Herondale," he said sternly. "After...speaking with Benedict Lightwood,  I discovered that he had been feeding Lupus information about all of you. Everything Lupus needed to know, your hobbies, your habits, even what you had for breakfast, Benedict told him. I believe that it how they found you, Mr Herondale."

"I knew that Lightworms had something to do with this," Will muttered.

"Then why did Lupus take Gideon and Gabriel then?" Magnus asked. "If you know so much, answer that."

"Because Benedict failed his part...again," Mortmain replied. "Lupus took his sons as punishment. He was meant to draw Charlotte and Henry to his house and hold them there, but he was too worried about the Clave to do it. He is a coward, which is why he is no longer in my employment."

"Because we ratted him out," Will said, his voice cold. Mortmain smiled a thin smile.

"Yes, you did," he said carefully. "However, this does not matter. What matters is defeating Lupus."