IV

A/N: The awesome cover above by EllieRose011!!!! Thank you so so much! I love it!!!! Go check out her book 'Hidden Secrets'. It really is cool! This one is dedicated to you!! Enjoy!

And I know that I said there wouldn't be another chapter until the New Year but I was bored so here you are!

-*-*-*-*- Will -*-*-*-*-

"Have you decided to give up yet?" The deep voice asked. Will lifted his head slowly, his dark locks plastered to his forehead with sweat. Blood was running down his wrists from the shackles that were clamped around them. They burned but he refused to show weakness.

"No, I won't give up!" Will spat, the chains that raised his arms above his head rattling. "Not to a coward who won't show his face." The man, who stood behind the bars to Will's cell, made no move to remove the shining bronze mask of a wolf from his face.

"I will not be tempted to reveal my identity to you, William Herondale," he said, his voice monotone. "Now, tell me where it is, and I will let you go. It's as simple as that."

"When the Shadowhunters find me," Will growled. "And they will find me, you'll wish you were never born." The man laughed.

"The Clave does not know where you are, Mr Herondale," he chuckled. "Nor do they care for one useless Shadowhunter brat. As for your friends at the Institute...well, I could bring one of them here. Perhaps your patabatai? Maybe then you'll be you will be a bit more forthcoming." Will yanked on the chains, making them rattle but ignoring the burning in his wrists.

"If you touch him," he hissed, "There won't be a place on Heaven or Earth where you can hide from me."

"Then Hell will be my friend," the masked man smirked. "Do not worry, Mr Herondale. I will have what I need from you soon enough." He gave a slight nod. Will's wrists were yanked further up towards the ceiling, his feet dangling. He cried out in agony as the burning in his wrists increased, searing his skin.

The bronze masked man stood and watched, waiting for a confession that Will would never make.

***

"Will," Jem said urgently, shaking him. "Will!" Will blinked out of his daze and for a moment, felt panicked as he tried to remember where he was, his hands gripping the stone step.

"I..."

"It's all right," Jem said. "You went off somewhere...in there." Jem pointed to his head. "You were saying something about a man with a bronze wolf mask?"

"Yes," Will said. "I...I think he was the one who took me. But I don't remember where he took me, or why."

"You said he wanted something from you," Jem said. "So if we can find out what that is, then we can be a step closer to getting your memory back." Will nodded but looked down at his scarred hands. The memory wasn't a lot, he knew that. Jem was just trying to be kind. It just felt so hopeless, like trying to catch something that he knew was too far away.