𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

It was just the start of a day on the island of dinosaurs, the Isla Nublar. Outside the genetics research lab of Jurassic World, the sun shone brightly through the thickest forest lands, and the fresh breeze carried the scent of soil and fresh foliage like any other day. Yet there was a hint of excitement in the genetics lab.

Aside from the hundreds of staff working animatedly under Dr. Wu, the head of the lab and chief geneticist to have created and designed each of the species now available in the park, who was monitoring the status on a screen, there were a total of three other people who surely did not look like they belonged in the lab. Everyone but the trio were dressed in white aprons, gloves and masks for all sorts of precaution. Although they had been allowed without the aprons, gloves and all, they had been thoroughly sanitized beforehand.

Amongst the trio was a man in his late twenties and a girl just in her teens: Owen and Katilyn, the Grady siblings. That was what they called them, more precisely that was what they were going to be known as within the years to come. While the siblings looked nothing like each other, starting with their hair colours that differed from brown to blonde respectively, it was the set of green eyes they both possessed, the only feature that tied them as kins to some sort.

Owen Grady was a former SEAL and animal behaviorist of the US Navy and currently, a part of the staff and a trainer at Jurassic World, the only dinosaur theme park to be operating in bloom. His sister, Kate, short for Katilyn, was just a curious, brave girl who knew to hold her own. She was not all knowledgeable and capable when she first came here, but she was smart and a fast learner. It had not been very long since she left the place which the siblings once used to call their home before their parents went separate ways, leaving her in her brother's custody. Owen had only returned from serving in the Navy for the sake of his sister, and later, brought her to this incredible remote island once he joined the park's staff as a special project trainer.

It had rather been a tough decision to make, but Owen hated the idea of his sister living and growing up apart as much as she did, even when living on this island where the world-famous Jurassic World operated meant her life was never going to be normal. So Kate was soon trained by himself. She was taught discipline, self-defense and everything she needed to learn about dinosaurs so that she, too, could be a part of the staff and a trainer soon. While girls her age would be busy with parties and selfies and their boyfriends, Kate would be focused on learning more about different dinosaurs, and occasionally pouring into books of stars and constellations which intrigued her. Unlike most kids who might be just wonderstruck at the diversity of dinosaurs or frightened at their atrocities, she learned how to appreciate each of their uniqueness as well as be mindful of the hazards they could bring at the same time. The day for which she had been sincerely preparing herself had finally come; now she was going to start as the youngest staff member and one of the trainers alongside her brother. Sure she still had a lot to learn, but with her brother on her side, she believed she could accomplish it on the way.

The third person with them was a middle-aged man, looking highly professional in his suit : Simon Masrani, the founder of the theme park Jurassic World. It was all thanks to him that Kate's stay on the island was permitted as direct kin and under the guardianship of Owen. It also had been him to entrust both of the siblings with this new project. Owen had already been in a few of his previous dinosaur behavioral projects as well. Through a series of satisfactory results, Owen had earned his trust, hence he was assigned again. And on his reference, he was allowed to bring along his sister.

Where no one else might think of involving someone her age in things like upbringing something as vicious as the velociraptors, Kate had exceeded expectations and brought promising results by working alongside in his last project. She had only partaken to assist in his works, yet she had proved to be a lot more tactful beyond their expectations, thus validating herself capable of taking on the project as well. Her love for animals in general paid off big time in this regard. Owen knew she could be naively sentimental sometimes, yet she was thorough and thoughtful, eager to learn and quick to adapt, and that she could pull it off with some close guidance and observations. He trusted her, and Mr. Masrani trusted him.