MDIA [Ch. 36]

Depuis le début

"What's this girl's name that's causing you so many problems," Jared continues his conversation with Braddon, not acknowledging my presence. Well then...

"I can't even remember. All I know is she's fucking annoying," Braddon complains. I sit at the island and look down at Jared's phone, little did I know that this wasn't a regular phone call...it was a video call. Braddon's face first looks confused, then surprised. "Desiree? Is that you?" he asked.

Jared looked over his shoulder towards me with his eyebrows down, probably wondering how his brother knew I was in the room. I grabbed his phone and faced it towards me. I gave a small wave to the screen. Braddon was seating away from the phone, playing a video game of some sort. He sat the remote controller down and picked up his phone.

"Perfect timing. I need your advice," he said when the phone was closer to him. Now, only his shoulders up was in view. He looked the same. Exactly the same, actually. Same jacket and same ruffle of his hair. I looks at the time and noticed I still had a few minutes to spare.

"I'm listening," I encourage him to continue. Jared opened the stove once more, put on two oven mittens, and pulled out an aluminum pan that was inside. He sat the pan of food on top the side of the stove that wasn't on and removed the mittens. He cut off the stove and grabbed a serving spoon from the dish rake and began to stir whatever was in the pan. I noticed the muscles in his back moving rather enticingly as he did all of this.

"Desiree, are you listening to me?" Braddon's voice brought me from my staring. I looked back to the screen and gave my full attention.

"What was that?" I asked, admitting to not listening. I saw Jarred look over his shoulder once more, but I didn't make eye contact this time.

"This girl at my school is a pain in the ass. I can't seem to shake her. She's only been at the school for a month and she's already driving me insane," he enlightens me.

"What exactly is she doing to do you that you don't like her this much? Is she...mean to you?" I asked awkward, finding it hard to believe that a girl was actually being mean to Braddon. I remember when he was here, girls were a little too nice to him, if you know what I mean.

"That's the thing; she's not. She's nice. Like optimistic nice," he sighed and ran his hand through his hair. I looked at him, confused by his statement.

"I'm confused," I confessed. Jared placed some of the food he made on the plate he had previously sat out. He then put whatever what in the skillet on his plate also and cut off the eye. He grabbed a fork and sat down across from me at the island. I raised an eyebrow as he began to eat. "None for me?" I asked, half joking, half serious.

"Aren't you about to go out to eat with David?" he questioned without looking up from his plate.

"Yes, with David, and Brittany, and Stella, and Rob, and a bunch of other people on the dance team," I corrected him.

"Hello! Back to me," Braddon grabbed our attention. "Here's the thing. I'm use to girls flirting with me. But this girl doesn't flirt. She genuinely is just...nice. It's weird. And it's annoying at the same time," he explains even more.

"Do you like this girl?" Jared as after he swallowed the food he had been chewing. Braddon rolled his eyes comically and gave us a flat look.

"Ask me a serious question, Jared," he responded.

"I'm going to be honest with you, bro. It's weird to you because you've never had a girl friend before—"

"I've had multiple girlfriends."

"No, I mean female friends. You don't usually surround yourself with girls that don't flirt with you. So this girl constantly being around you and not flirting is what's making you mad. You want her to flirt with you, it seems. But why though? If you don't like her like that, then why does it matter if she hits on you or not?" Jared finished before stuffing a forkful of food into his mouth.

I stayed silent through his whole rant. Umm, who knew Mr. Wilson as so intuitive?

"It's the principle of it all. Every girl wants to get with me. I'm a catch," Braddon bragged and ran his fingers through his hair in an overly seductive way. I laughed and shook my head.

"I don't," I announced, causing Braddon to roll his eyes.

"Well, that's because you're blinding by my brothers so called charms. Tell me when the idiot messes up, I know five ways to make a heartbroken girl feel so much better," he said with a suggestive wink. Jared grabbed his phone from my hands and faced the screen to him.

"Alright, that's enough. I'll be at your school tomorrow. So you better be in your classes," he said and hung up, not waiting for a response beforehand. There's a silence between the two of us before I get up from my seat and decide to leave. I'm sure all the others are probably already there.

"Desiree," Jared called out just before I walked out of the kitchen. I turned to him. He was still looking down at his food. It almost made me think I was imagining him saying my name. "What you saw in the parking lot wasn't anything. She was trying to get me to go out with her tonight, but I declined," he told me, finally looking up from his plate to meet my eyes.

I looked at him for a moment, remembering her hands on his arms, and him smiling neck at her. "Did you reject her before or after you saw my watching?" I wanted to know.

"You know it was a no as soon as she asked," he sent me a flat look, like I was a fool for thinking otherwise. I shrugged my shoulder and placed my thumbs in my back pockets.

"I'm just wondering. You were looking rather cozy before you saw me," I added on.

"I could say the same and you and David. You looked like you enjoyed his arm around you," he shot back, not in an angry way though. It was strange, his voice and face didn't show anger, but it wasn't very inviting either. He almost looked like he was waiting for a fight. Waiting patiently for me to retaliate. Well, newsflash Jared, I'm way too hunger to stand here and argue with you.

"Nowhere near as much as I enjoy your arms around me," I said, decided to end this before it becomes something bugger.

Choose your battles Desiree, choose your battles.

He sighed and sat his fork down. He got up from his seat and walked to me. When he was near, he wrapped his arms my waist. He pressed a soft kiss on my forehead before leaning his head against mind.

"I'll see you later, ok?" he questioned. I nodded my head without talking. He bent down and kissed me softly. I almost groaned when he pulled away suddenly and walked back to the island. He sat down and continued eating his food. As he picked up his phone and began swiping away. I eyed him curiously, but he didn't look my way.

That's it? I pout and turn to leave. I grabbed my keys out of the key bowl on the coffee table and head to the door. I heard his footsteps as soon as I grabbed for the doorknob. His hands slid across my abdominal and wrapped me in a hug from behind. He trailed kisses from my collarbone to my ear.

I turned around in his arms and his lips instantly met mine. This kiss was anything but little. I could faintly taste the food he was eating. That along with him, made one delicious dish. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled my body completely against him.

His lips against mine felt almost too good to be true. He softly pulled on my bottom lip with his teeth. His voice came out like silk passing by his lips, "Don't be gone too long."

"Mmhmm..." was all I could respond with. He pulled away and left me standing alone yet again. I licked my lips, savoring his taste before opening the door and exiting into the night.

[AN: I know this is short. But I figured it's better than nothing. Sorry the updates are so long winded. My life if full of situations that take up so much of my time. Thank you guys for sticking by this story and continuing to read and enjoy.

Side note: Negative comments about my slow updates will be deleted. WHY? because I've already stated how long the waits are for my updates, so what's the point of a Negative Nancy repeating what I've already confirmed, ya know? Just...try to spread positivity guys. If my slow updates upset you to the point where you feel the need to leave nasty and hateful comments, like some of you do, then PLEASE stop reading. DELETE my story. And NEVER think about again. I'd rather you be happy then bitter.

Peace guys and continue to be awesome.

Follow me
-Instagram: elizabeth125eb
-Facebook: Elli McElveen
-Snapchat: mrs.queeneb4