51

Louis and Olivia were taken home after a whole day had past, and the premises were inspected by the security company thrice. Harry did his own homework and uncovered the names of every individual who set foot in their house, without uttering a word to Louis about what his plan was.

They had a blow out on Thursday, the night before Harry's fight when Louis can't sleep with this cloud over his head.

"What are you doing awake, princess?" Louis found Harry in his studio, frowning at his phone screen. He didn't even look up.

"How'd you know it was me?" Louis stood in the doorway with all the pressure off his weaker ankle and his hands in the front pouch of an old hoodie.

"Who else would it be?" Harry locked his phone and sat back in his mafia chair with a sigh.

Louis frowns. It flashes across his features briefly before he wraps an arm around himself from inside the pocket and steps forward into the warm room. "It's almost midnight. When are you coming to bed?"

Harry's had two nights of minimal sleep and maximum agitation. All the secret keeping from Louis has had him on edge. He couldn't share what he wanted with the boy because he wanted this job to clean and taken care of by Saturday morning. It was stressful but it was one of his things that absolutely needed to get done.

The men who broke into their home were undoubtedly Dylan's and were going to kidnap Louis for reasons they're not sure of. Liam and Zayn have promised to be with Harry on Friday when they go into a private meeting spot after the fight. Harry's less than pleased that it has to be Liam at his side too.

"Not yet, darling." Harry cracks the knuckles of his long, deft fingers and runs one hand through his hair.

"Why not?" Louis moved closer to Harry's desk, flooding the man with his natural scent of vanilla and citrus after a shower. "I'm lonely up there."

Harry stretches out his arms, too hypnotised by temptation, and grabs Louis' waist. With careful strokes, he rubs Louis' curvaceous hips and lures him into his lap. Louis tries not to depict all the pleasure he feels from having his feet off the ground. He feels most powerful right here, in Harry's lap, and has therefore made it his throne.

"I have to do this tomorrow." Harry looks away from Louis' face when he says this, pressing his forehead against the boy's shoulder and accepting the comfort he's offered by Louis' fingers in his hair. "I need to prepare."

"Prepare what?" Louis kisses Harry's forehead. He's mothered Harry's baby girl and that gives him more leeway in this relationship.

Harry groans and wheels forward so Louis' back is against the table's edge, caged in by Harry's arms and the chair arm rests. His disgruntled noise gives Louis a chance to frown again and secure both sides of Harry's face to gather his attention.

"You know you can tell me anything, Hazza."

Staring into those translucent blue electric marbles, Harry almost does spill the means. He manages to capture Louis' wrists and kisses them with a deep inhale. "I can't."

"I can see that this is stressing you out so much." Louis presses, worried for the receding hairline Harry had and his constant mood swaps. "I hate to see you like this."

Harry loves Louis enough to be the one swooning whenever his princess said something so loyal. "I know, love. The safety of my family is top priority right now."

Louis tucked himself under Harry's chin, with his arms curled and eyes closed. "Are you still fighting on Friday?"

"Yes." Harry's arm come around Louis' little form to keep him warm. "You, Bean and Niall are going to be at the club until I'm done."