33

Louis was the one to wake up first, and it wasn't because of nausea or Niall bustling about in the kitchen for breakfast. He shot up in bed with a loud gasp, a hand on the side of his baby bump when he felt the sudden fluttering.

"Harry!" He wasn't harsh usually but he shoved the dozing man by his side with all his might now.

There was a groan and murmur of something Louis couldn't decipher. He grabbed Harry's left wrist since it was closest and put it on the spot where he felt the tiny kick. It happened once more, fainter but still there.

Harry froze for two seconds before sitting up urgently and placing both hands on Louis' bump. "He kicked?"

"He kicked." Louis affirmed, kissing Harry's stubbly jaw.

Taking it as a cue to begin a morning conversation so he can get more kicks, Harry presses the tip of his nose to the left of Louis' belly button. "Good morning, little one. Such a strong baby you are, Bean. We can't wait to meet you."

Two more kicks ring out under Harry's palm and he smiles proudly, kissing where he felt it. Louis watches him in this over-excited habitat with heart eyes, running through Harry's Tarzan hair with his fingers.

"Has he kicked before?" Harry leans into Louis' touch and smiles with bright green eyes.

Louis trusts that he is going to die from fondness. "Never. He was a very quiet baby."

"Did you wait for me before kicking, little Bean?" Harry turns back to Louis' bump.

He gets one kick against his nose and Louis laughs behind his hand. Harry's nose twitches to rid himself of the sharp sensation before kissing the bump once more.

"Good morning to you." Harry comes up to press his lips to Louis', a small smirk playing there.

"Likewise." Louis wraps his arms around Harry's neck and holds his close. "What time did you get in?"

"Just after one, I think." Harry draws Louis out from under the covers and onto his lap where it's safer and familiar.

"Did you get enough sleep?" Louis cups Harry's highly defined jaw and searches his eyes. "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Six hours is the most I can handle." He replies truthfully. "I'm very grateful that you woke me up, love."

Louis hums and rests his cheek under Harry's clavicle on his chest, his fingers laced with the man's. "I love you."

They've been saying it a lot more than usual in these past three days, Harry's stirring inner monster is not grateful. Each time it's said, Harry finds a bit more resolve hardening.

"I love you, baby." Harry kisses Louis' forehead.

They're forced to leave their sweet haven of a circular bed when Niall knocks on the unlocked door. Louis giggles when Harry's chest vibrates with a distasteful growl.

"I don't want to leave you." Harry explains, staring down into two pits of stunning blue. "I never want to leave you."

"You're not leaving us." Louis surges forward and connects their lips. "You're going to come back to us in a few hours."

"Certainly, darling. I love you."

Louis smiles softly and he taps Harry's Adam's Apple with his index finger. "I love you, loads and loads."

* * * * *
Harry stays for breakfast after Louis begs that of him, and detaching from his little Bean and princess brings too much grief to his chest. Zayn is the last to join them at the breakfast counter and gives everyone a small greeting.
Niall gets an attempted kiss which ends with a swat to Zayn's neck because he's frying bacon right now. Louis gets a half-hug and Harry gets that strange shoulder bump.
"Did Niall tell you he wants to sell the apartment?" Zayn sits on Louis' other side with a plate of toast and scrambled eggs.