6

You're the light, you're the night. You're the colour of my blood. You're the cure, you're the pain. You're the only thing I wanna touch.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

When Monday came, Louis was forced into letting Harry take him to school. He was collecting his certificates today and was set on saying his farewells before Wednesday. He still hadn't come up with a plan for that day, but it had to be quick because his train was at twelve fifteen.

The students of his high school couldn't care less, but an uncomfortable feeling crept up Louis' spine as they pulled up in front of the entrance. Louis had asked if they could have the radio on so there was no need for a conversation, and it worked up until now.

"Have a good day at school." Harry unlocked the central locking and smiled with dimples at Louis.

"Thank you." Louis nodded and offered back a smile but it didn't seem adequate because his fumbling gut feeling told him Harry was waiting for something.

Shoving that proposition down to the depths of blissful ignorance, Louis jumps down from the high-risen SUV and takes on the staircase two at a time. School was only three hours long today with no classes on their schedule, but Louis forgot to tell Harry that.

Oh well. He smiles at the ground and goes to his locker which needed to be emptied today. Another thing to make him giggle, is that students broke into the PA system room and started playing music through the intercom. Louis shakes his at DJ Infamous' Double Cup.

Checking the time so he knows when to report to his home-room and collect what he's hear for, Louis also gets pushed against the lockers suddenly. Not by bullies which is excellent, but this advancer might be more scary.

"Harry?" Louis has mastered the ability to keep his fear under the surface and feigned indifference when said man blocked his vision from everyone.

"You forgot something." Harry's warm breath is laced with those peppermints he kept in the glove compartment. It's a heady scent that makes Louis part his lips.

"Oh?"

When Harry's large hand slips something into Louis', his lips press against Louis'. There are no complaints against Harry's kisses because Louis quite liked them, they made him light-headed and tingly. It was confusing because human nature went against romantic passion head-on in that case.

Louis knows Harry can be a real gentleman if he wanted to and tried hard enough, that's what kept Louis from going bezerk and maybe calling the police. He also did have feelings for Harry besides anger and rational fear; he'll just never admit it because anyone outside their circumstance would label him as loony.

"Thanks." Louis says for the second time that morning, smiling a little more genuinely.

"You're welcome, darling." Harry squeezes Louis' hand once before walking away.

When Louis looks down, he finds his iPod in his hand. He can't believe he forgot that.

Their relationship was unhealthy and a twisted form of forbidden. It also won't last beyond Wednesday. That thought comforted the scared part of Louis, but irritated the portion that appreciated Harry's 'differences'.

Louis quite liked the song being played by rebellious teenagers through their school's speakers but his routine - however weak it is now - still mattered to him. His earphones got plugged back in, and his trials and tribulations pushed out of his mind. A clear head for a new day.

Harry got back into the Range Rover feeling lighter than when he'd gotten off. He was worried about Louis forgetting something then realising he needed it halfway through the day. Harry was proud of himself for making sure that didn't happen today.
He drove around town with Louis' pet turtle in the passenger seat. Louis didn't want Bolg being alone so Harry volunteered to watch him. Having collected his entire family's inheritance, he wasn't looking into getting a job that would take up time.