However, what happened next made the men, including Shu Ya who was hidden in the shadows, shocked and surprised. Their facial expression showed their emotion as clear as clean water.

"If you're talking about the maps, I know about it." Lin Xinglan said nonchalantly.

"What. Did. You. Say?"

"I know about the maps."

Qiang Jingyi slammed down his chopsticks loudly on the table, making Lin Xinglan slightly startled.

"Who told you?"

After he asked her, he moved his cold and dark eyes to look at the other two men who shook their head in response. They hadn't mentioned anything related to the maps to Lin Xinglan.

"The assassins back then told me. Didn't they tell you to hand them over the maps?"

Qiang Jingyi was expressionless but his eyes showed a hint of danger and frost.

"It doesn't explain how you knew what Zaki Yaman wanted to report. The assassins only mentioned the maps and nothing more so how do you know?"

A flash of craftiness flew past her doe eyes, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

He narrowed his eyes and said in a warning tone, "Lan, do not think about doing something foolish now."

She showed a sly smile on her face and said, "I can tell you what I know but... In return, you have to count me in your treasure hunting crew. Which means, every information you acquire about the maps, I will also know, and when you will hunt for the maps, I will join. Not only that, whatever treasure you will find in the end, I will have a portion of it."

Zaki Yaman and Shu Ya took a sharp breath while Qiang Rong Kai widened his eyes in shock. They didn't fathom the meaning behind Lin Xinglan's action. They knew how protective Qiang Jingyi was over Lin Xinglan, and how much he wanted her to not be involved. Hearing her say such daring words, they didn't know where she found the courage.

No matter how much the ruthless and cold fourth prince spoiled her, wasn't there a limit to it?

Trying to refrain himself, he said with a low dangerous voice, "Having you involved to this operation full of danger? Are you trying to get me killed from a heart attack?"

Lin Xinglan's heart started to beat faster, but she calmed herself down.

"No, I don't want you dead."

"Then why? I know you're a person who would never do anything annoying or anything that would take too much of your energy. You never cared about these kind of things, you would rather stay away from danger. So why are you so interest in the maps?"

"Because..." She awkwardly coughed, "... Nevermind that. Then how about this, you will tell me everything that's related to the maps and when you find the treasure chest and whatnot, I'll get a portion of it as in I can choose one thing that I take a liking, no matter what it is. Other than that, I won't get involved."

Staying silent, Qiang Jingyi was in deep thought. It felt as if half a day has passed until he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"I know I can't change your mind once you made a decision... I just hope you won't get more involved than you already are."

Lin Xinglan happily assured him, "Don't worry, I'm just interested in hearing about it. I like being a bystander who knows stuff but won't get too involved!"

Qiang Jingyi breathed out a sigh, he second thought his decision now that he saw how she reacted.

Zaki Yaman smiled and said, "Now, now... Little sister, we are waiting for you to spill out the beans."

Lin Xinglan looked at the men, she saw how their expression changed as they waited for her to speak. It seemed like they paid extra attention when she leaned forward with a serious face, but then she began to laugh out loud, startling them.

"I'm sorry but you guys look so concentrated, it's funny!"

When she saw how dark their expressions were, especially Qiang Jingyi's, she stopped laughing and cleared her throat.

"Well, to be honest, I don't know much about the maps. All I have to say is that I know the location of a map, and I have heard that it would bring disaster if the complete map is in the wrong hands. I was thinking, since it could bring disaster then the map must lead to something so powerful that everyone who has heard about it will try to obtain the maps. The moment they have the completed map, it will lead them to obtain the unknown treasures."

Qiang Rong Kai asked, "How come you know the location of a map?"

"Old Bao once told me about the existence of the map and at first I didn't know there were more than one map. I wasn't interested in some treasure map so I didn't pay attention however, I saw an incomplete ancient map inside Old Bao's study room when I secretly searched for something interesting. I was caught red-handed by Old Bao and I got scolded. Anyhow, I asked him about the map I saw and probably because I was just a little kid, he didn't have a problem with telling me so he told me it was a segment of a map. A map that was cut into five pieces."

His mood went dark, So it was that old geezer. How could he tell a child about the map that only few people know about and would kill to obtain it. Has he become senile from old age?

Zaki Yaman raised his eyebrow, "So, you're saying, that map is inside that teahouse owner's study room?"

She said carefully, "Not exactly. I think he already hid it somewhere else... Though, I can ask him to give me the map. I believe he will give it to me if I give him a good reason."

The men stared at Lin Xinglan, she furrowed her eyebrows and said, "What? I didn't curry favor Old Bao and listen to him obediently for nothing. Although he doesn't show it, he definitely thinks of me as his granddaughter."

Lin Xinglan might sound narcissistic and full of herself but what she said was true, the owner was really fond of her, even though he would never admit it.

"Now, enough of me. It's your turn to spill the beans!" She exclaimed.

Thus, they could only helplessly tell her what they know.

Like what Lin Xinglan had said, it was a treasure map divided into five pieces. Not many knew its existence, those who knew would do everything to collect all the five pieces and obtain the unknown treasure.

The unknown treasure was actually the key to open a hidden place filled with rare treasures, and with these rare treasures, the one who obtain everything would have the power to conquer the world. However, that was only said in the legend. They didn't know if the treasures would truly give them the power but that didn't stop them from treasure hunting.

Ever since Qiang Jingyi began to collect the map pieces, he would eliminate every person he met who knew about its existence and was a threat to him to lessen the chance of danger. Though, some flies escaped from his grasps.

Qiang Jingyi currently had two map pieces in his possession and with the one in the hands of the teahouse owner, that would make it three pieces. The remaining two map pieces, he feared someone else had them already in their possession.

"What? Who do you think it is?" Lin Xinglan asked curiously.

Qiang Jingyi wrinkled his eyebrows, "Lan doesn't need to know that."

She smacked her lips in dissatisfaction, "I actually do. If they're your enemies, I'm sure they already know about my existence. What if I somehow bumped into the one who has the other two maps? And I won't even know that but they do. I need to know, for my safety."

With her words, Lin Xinglan succeeded to convince Qiang Jingyi.

He spitted out a name with full of venom, "Fu Hanyu."

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

I just wanted to say, those who don't know, I created a work where I'm sharing my story ideas. If you're interested, please check it out and don't forget to vote which story you want me to write after I'm finished with ALP!