Lazurus (Revamped)

Time: Post Erik's death.

Bia is picture above ^

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

" Dating "  a man like Erik meant being away from him for months on end and sometimes cutting each other off. We were also partners in crime which had it's pro's and cons. Not only that, but our sick romance came with a plethora of other shitty things that other women would look at me crazy for. I didn't care, what did I have to lose ? My mind ? I lost that years ago. The last thing he told me before he left was that I shouldn't come looking for him. That meant he was about to do something reckless. As far as I knew, he was suppose to be at Oxford university but somehow he ended up in Africa.

Come to find out, he died.

He texted me 10 months ago and sent me an ingredient list for a synthetic version of a plant called the " Heart Shaped Herb ". He told me to get that recipe to Tyler, Erik's genius ass scientific friend from MIT.

Tyler (photo)

He whipped up this super thin liquid  formula for the herb which was a neon purple color with a dropper

He whipped up this super thin liquid formula for the herb which was a neon purple color with a dropper. When I asked Tyler why we needed this, he said it would be able to resurrect " Killmonger ". I hated that name so much, Killmonger wasn't the guy I'd known for years. The next thing I knew I found myself in the middle of the Red sea. Come to find out, we would actually need to use the liquid to revive him

" Is his tracker still working ? ", I turn to look at Tyler who was on his laptop, tracking where to find his body.

" Yeah. Good thing I put one in him before he left otherwise we never would have found him. How are things over there. I know boats are tricky ? ", Tyler peaked his had from computer.

" Everything is fine ", I looked back at him, before slipping on my sun glasses. I never really drove boats before but I learned how to just hop into things. It's something you'd have to learn to do when associated with Erik.

" Just half a mile left  ", Tyler directed me as I pushed the boat in over drive. 5 minutes later we came to our target.

" Start the crane up ! ", I called out to Tyler. Thankfully there was a camera attached to the end of the anchor.

" He's incased in a metal coffin and there is a loop on the very top so we will be able to drag him up to the top and bust open those tricky locks ", Tyler pressed a few buttons on the ship and suddenly the anchor went down into the water. I went inside the boat's bathroom and filled up the bath with warm water. He had been dead for a few weeks so I knew he'd probably stink.

" Bia! Get out here girl ! ", Tyler yelled.

I heard a large thud hit the boat as the crank stopped. I got the drill and started drilling holes in the side of the metal coffin to pop the top. It bursted open and there I saw him, with his hands crossed over his chest. Inside the metal coffin he was incased in glass to preserve him. Him being dead was the very first time I saw him look at peace. It was rare for Erik to fully relax, some part of his body was always tense or balled up. I ran my hand across the glass feeling tears form in my eyes. For him to be dead so long he was still pretty nicely preserved. His cheeks weren't even gaunt yet especially to had been dead for 10 months. I found out rather late from the King that he had passed away through a letter. I was the closest thing to a relative when it came to Erik so the King contacted me.