24| the apologies

Asanda | Colton

Asanda | Colton

••••••••••••••••••••
1:35pm

"Hello! This is the Suicide Hotline, where we try to convince you not to kill yourself. How may I help you?"

"...."

"Hello?"

"Asanda..."

"...Chi--Chicken?"

"Yeah..."

"Y-You called...  you c-called? Why?"

"I don't know... something told me to, I was planning on never calling again"

"I-I... I'm so happy you called"

"Unfortunately I can't say the same"

"..."

"..."

"... I'm sorry."

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say"

"You don't have to say anything. I just want to apologize"

"..."

"Colton?"

"... I'm listening"

"You caught me at a bad time. I was frustrated because something happened and I took out my frustrations on you which was wrong. I'm sorry, I didn't mean a word I said. I promise you"

"...you sounded pretty convincing to me"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything. Of course we're friends and the only reason why I don't tell you anything about me because I find it hard to open up to anyone either than my best friend"

"But you want to know about me and always use the excuse that we hardly know each other"

"I know I'm a hypocrite. I'm sorry"

"You should know the meaning behind your words Asanda. When you say we hardly know each other then both parties should try to get to know each other, not only one side"

"I can't say anything else but sorry, I feel horrible about how I've been treating you"

"I'll forgive you on one condition"

"Anything"

"Don't say that Asanda. You're giving me too much power"

"Just name your condition"

"Tell me what made you frustrated. Like I said the last time, its not good to bottle up your feelings because you're gonna explode and look where that got us"

"I-I ..okay, I'll tell you"

"Wait I have another condition!"

"What is it?"

"To prevent things like this from happening again its not wise to have limited communication"

"What are you trying to say Colton?"

"I'm asking for your number"

"We-- I..."

"Yes Asanda?"

"Its 0--"

"Wait let me get a pen and paper first!"

"..."

"Okay go it"

"034 - 362- 6675"

"Thank you"

"You're welcome just don't spam me"

"I'll try not to"

"So am I forgiven?"

"Yeah. You are..."

"I-- I missed you Chicken"

"I missed you too Baby girl"

Written: 19 March 2018
Published: 29 April 2019

---393 Words---