Jump for Joy Chapter 7

Jump for Joy

Chapter 7/ Amnesia

3 months later

I woke up to a bright light. I shut my eyes for a few more seconds to try and adjust them to the light then opened them again fully. When my eyes finally came into focus I saw that I was in a room. It was painted white and had a few chairs on the side and 1 chair each on both sides next to me. On one chair some girl was sitting there and on the other a boy. Who are they? What are they doing here? I started panicking and then I hear a loud beeping noise coming from a monitor thing next to me. This made the boy and girl wake up. After they finished stretching they sat there staring at me with shocked looked on their faces. Then after 5 seconds of staring the girl shouted "she up, she up go get the doctor, she up" then jumped onto me. I was kinda shocked but scared at the same time. Who was she and why is her hugging, excuse me I mean SQUEEZING me? The boy ran out of the room to go get a doctor I guess.

"Um excuse me but who are you" I asked. She stiffened, and then pulled away from me slowly. She held onto my shoulders and looked at me in a baffled way. What was she staring at?

"Jessica, you're best friend. The one you spend most of your days with" she told me. I just nodded my head to her answer. If she was really my 'best friend' how comes I have no idea who she is. How come I can't remember anything? These were all the questions running through my head. I feel really lost right now.

The boy came back into the room with some guy in a white lab coat. I am guessing he is the doctor.

"Arh, you are awake." He smiled hovering over me.

"Why am I here?"

"Well Joy you were rushing into the hospital 3 months ago and were unconscious until now. You received a massive blow to the head and were bleeding in the head. If you friends didn't bring you here on time then you probably would have been died from the bleeding in your head. You are a lucky girl" he informed me. What, I was in a hospital for 3 months and unconscious? How did this happen.

"Um excuse me but how comes I don't remember any of this and how come I can't remember anyone?" I asked

"I guess the blow in your head coursed that. You have short term Amnesia .So don't worry you should remember everything soon but it may take awhile."

I was in complete shock. So I have been in here for 3 months, had surgery on my head to stop blood from going into my brain and now I have Amnesia. What a life!

"So where are my parents and who are these people?"

"Your parents have gone home because they have been here for most of the time waiting for you to wake up so I suggested they go home and rest then come back. And these people here are your friends. This is Jessica and this is Nathan. You have had other people here as well but they have gone home to rest so these two have stayed over for them"

After the doctor finished explaining my situation Jessica and Nathan started explain what had happened to me. They told me that I came knocking at the door and someone named Michael opened it and found me bleeding heavily on the floor. They don't know what or who attacked me but they had no chance to ask because I fell unconscious. Why would someone really want to hurt me? Did I do something wrong or did I upset them in a way I don't know? My head was actually hurting me because of thinking too much. Jessica said she needed to go toilet so I was left in the room with Nathan. He reached out and holds my hands in-between his palms and rubbed it.

"So you can't remember anything baby girl?" he asked. I shook my head. He said ok and sat there in silence staring at me.

"Argh, my head is hurting me" I complained.