Something definitely smells fishy

Notch looked down from his castle in the Aether, expecting to see people grovelling and praying for his assistance in one of the bigger temples. He saw people, alright, but the numbers had thinned significantly.

  How could that be possible? It was Sunday, people should be having their day off, and should be burning offerings and whatsnot to him, though he never got the guts to tell his worshippers that he never really considered receiving any of those offering unless he was in dire need of food, which almost never happened.

  He teleported from his throne to the overworld, and began his search in stealth mode, altering his appearance so that he could look like any ordinary folk.

  "Hey," he asked one of the worshippers," I thought there was usually more people in here."

  "Yeah," the guy said," there used to be more, but then this new religion popped up, and more people began going for that. I heard that religion really grants your wishes."

  "What is that religion?" Notch clenched his jaw, trying his best to hide it, that did not sound good. At all.

  The guy shrugged," I don't know the exact name, but there is this guy who calls himself the Devil. And people believe in him."

  "Why so? Somebody called the Devil has got to be bad news."

  "That's what I said to my kid," a middle aged woman joined in the conversation," that sounds like a damn cult, but apparently, this Devil guy told people that Ragnarok, the Twillight of the Gods, the end of the world is dawning, and he is the only one who can save the rest of the people, as even Notch, the God of Minecraftia, will fall."

  "Why did the people believe in that bullcrap?" Notch asked, supressing his rage. How stupid could people get to fall for that? He's their God!

  "Because they heard that the Devil grants them wishes," a young man in a black hood said, his face completely concealed," unlike Notch, who you pray for and get nothing in return. This Devil guy has once cured a man of an uncurable disease, and actually answer people's prayers."

  "But a religion isn't actually saying that the guy you pray to will grant you everything you want," Notch said," Notch will only grant you something when he deems you worthy, or ready to receive his blessing and gifts."

  "Fantastic," the young man sneered," but how does he even deem them worthy?"

  The guy frowned," That is up for Notch to answer, it is beyond us to understand when does Notch choose to save us. I believe that Notch would save us from this Ragnarok, not this Devil guy. "

  "Notch is just another man with powers," the young man countered," Is that what makes people a god?"

  "But Notch created the world," the woman said," he is the strongest being in it. His divine grace and plans are understood by no ordinary mortal."

  Notch felt slightly ashamed when he heard that. In reality, he was only an ordinary man who had created the world of Minecraftia while he was adrift in the Internet. He was not some celestial being with some grand plan. He was just a powerful man trying to run his world in a peaceful way without any revolts, but he was also grateful that anyone would believe that he's a divine being.

  " I don't believe in this divine crap," the young man replied, his tone venomous," I knew who Notch is. And he is nothing but a wimp who is afraid of others who could rival him in power." The young man looked at Notch in the eye, as if he had seen through his disguise," Like this Devil, for example."

  "Then why are you here?" The first guy said," Why are you even here if you are an atheist?"

  "Oh, I am not an atheist," the young man said calmly," I just like to come here and yell whatever dirty insults I have at Notch in my head. It helps."