The Candy Shop of Horrors!

Start from the beginning

Walter wasted no time in running over to barrel of jellybeans, while Lavender calmly pulled me along side her to the selection of lollipops. She hummed to herself choosing which lollipop to take.

I pursed my lips at the choices. They looked to be normal lollipops, but I wasn't going to take any chances. Eventually, she went with a cherry flavor turning and looking to me with raised brows.

"Are you going to get something?" She questioned, causing me to shake my head no.

A; I was willing to take no chances with this foreign wizarding candy. B; I had no wizarding currency.

"I don't have any money with me." I told her part of the reason I wasn't getting anything.

"Your parents didn't give you any!" She exclaimed flabbergasted.

I blushed beat red when I thought of how money worked between Balthazar and I. Yes, he had a shit-ton of money; keyword being he. He used to give me my own credit card where I could spend anything in emergencies, but after the incident in which I teleported to Disney World and spent over a thousand dollars he took it away.

Occasionally, he'll give me a little bit of spending money—for the most part though, I was broke.

"Well," I coughed my mind flashing to the moment Balthazar took away my card.

"Give me that card!" Balthazar ripped the credit card from my fingers. "I am never trusting you with money again!" He exclaimed, making the card catch fire.

"My parents told me I can't be trusted with money." I told Lavender the truth.

She looked at me curiously. "Are your parents still in America?"

"Yep, New York." I responded, thinking over all the background details Dumbledore and I came up with in case any student or teacher were to ask.

"Oh yes, you told Walter and I." Lavender remembered our conversation from a few days prior. "What do your parents do?" She curiously asked as we got in line for the register.

Walter in that second joined us in line, a huge bag of jelly beans in his grasp. Lavender looked at it, before looking to him with an almost scolding look. "I hope you plan on sharing those with us." She said, making Walter nod in agreement.

Turning her attention back to me, she awaited my answer. "They are both Aurors for MASCUSA." I told them as if I was reading straight from an index card.

Both student's eyes widened immensely at the fake knowledge of my pretend parents. "Both of them!" Walter exclaimed as we moved up a space in line. "They must be great wizards." He grinned, his eyes shining.

Lavender shook his head at him. "It's his life dream to become an Auror." She informed me, before adding. "Who are your parents? My parents both work in the Ministries Department for International Magical Cooperation, perhaps I've heard of them." Lavender smiled, just as we got to the counter.